HomeSearchLatest imagesStaff List & InfoRegisterLog in
Welcome to TBRP, Guest! It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 pm
Remember to check the archives for old Roleplays/Roleplay Segments.
Always check the announcements, help sections or archives for the information you require before messaging an Admin or Moderator.
TBRP Facebook
Check out our Facebook page here
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hello there everyone
First Power - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 7:22 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» Salutations
First Power - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:55 am by Lullabye

» -RP- Earth's Pawns (Reboot)
First Power - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» Anti-Fractal Academy
First Power - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:05 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» TBRP Changelog
First Power - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:03 pm by Crazy Potato

» First Power
First Power - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:05 pm by Miss Elegent Serenity

» -RP- cælum vs inferno (a war brought upon earth)
First Power - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 11:55 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» TBRPAdmin Account
First Power - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 am by TBRPAdmin

» Mascot Name Voting Thread!
First Power - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

Most Viewed Topics
-RP- Earth's Pawns (Reboot)
-RP- Bellatrix (Part 1)
-RP- cælum vs inferno (a war brought upon earth)
~Bellatrix ~ (reboot)
-RP- Chaos and Order
United We Stand, Divided We Fall [Reboot]
First Power
-RP- United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Part 1)
~Bellatrix ~ (reboot)
-RP- United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Part 2)

First Power

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

First Power - Page 12 Empty
Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:53 am

Lavina knew things were different here then they were at home, living behind walls being one of them, she looked up at the sky watching a bluebird as it passed by
"I guess things are a lot different here, but if I am to marry your brother I don't think I would have a choice in where we will be living will I?"
she sighed and was for a moment, she wanted to go home but if he didn't tell his father what wold be the consequences if he later found out she wasn't there. She looked back at Memoire with a concern expression on her face
"What happens if your father finds out I am not here? what will he do, will he hurt my father or my people? I don't want to do anything that will result in consequence to them"
Back to top Go down
http://dubtopian-review.eu/groups/tbrp-group/
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:55 am

The Alchemage was wandering the streets, grumbling to himself.
"I can't believe how hard it is to find a decent evil lair in this town. That house was ideal...almost perfect, even!"
Just then, he noticed the man from the house running towards him. He jumped to the side to get out of the way.
"Hey! Where do you think you're going in such a hurry?!"

Hayabusa spoke up.
"Master! That is the strange man from the abandoned house."

The Alchemage started running to catch up to him, observing him closely.
"I think you're right, Hayabusa! Hmm...I think I'll call in that little favor he owes me soon enough, hee hee hee!"
He followed closely behind the man, curious as to where he was going in such a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Heizengard
Heizengard
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:09 am

Vincent reached the house and threw open the door, not even bothering to close it. He began searching through his stuff as fast as he could hoping for find something that would help he find Kao. "Vincent, calm down. He's already gone. You made a mistake in coming here." Vincent got an angry expression on his face "Shut up Abiron!" He shouted. "We've come this close to my goal, I'm not gonna let some random guy ruin it!"

"Okay then explain this to me. How do you plan to find him? It takes about a half hour to get to town. You saw him running and you turned back instead of following because you knew you wouldn't be able to catch up to him." Vincent stopped what he was doing and stood there, growing more and more angry by the minute. He knew what Abiron was saying was right, he screwed up in coming back home and even if he kept running after the guy the chances of him keeping up with him were on the slim side. The room began to get darker as he remembered the man that ran past him, carrying Kao over his shoulder. It was his fault that his plan was ruined after all. The more he thought on it, the darker the room got. "Vincent calm down!" Abiron told him, but Vincent just ignored his request.
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:54 am

Kao was terrified. Tears ran down her face and she looked at the city guard standing above her. He kept going on and on about love and all the plans they had together and every time she had told him she had no idea, or she'd never met him before his once lust filled words had began turning angry. He was just under a shout now. Going on and on about something, she had no idea if he was even talking to her anymore. Sometimes he would pause and then seem to be replying to someone else.
"Please. I don't know who you are." She said, not bothering to hide the fear in her voice. "Just... Just untie me. Please."

"Kao, I don't know what that vile scum has done to corrupt you. But whatever he has done, I'll reverse it!" He turned to the fireplace and retrieved the piece of iron from it. The tip glowed orange and yellow. Kao's eyes widened. "This will hurt me, more than it will hurt you. I don't want to do this. So please, come back to me. Remember that you love me." He stood there with the glowing tip pointed at her.

"I've nev..." It hit her then. Brandt. She saw the name on the badge he wore, the same name the patrolman had when Vincent had killed the doctor. He'd touched her, back when she had no idea how to use her powers. Could...Could I have done this to him? He had clapped her on the shoulder that night, she had her power fully activated.
Rasping laughter filled her head.
"It's been a while" Ravasz said as he manifested in the chair Brandt had occupied.
"Ravasz Ember." Kao muttered to the Fox creature. It gave a little bow without getting up.
"The one and only. Looks like you've gotten yourself into quite the predicament." His amused grin hinted at cruelty.
"Help me."
"I can't."
"Why?"
"Because I'm not really here."
"What the hell!" Kao said a bit too loudly. Brandt refocused on her instead of who else he was talking to.
"I have to save you." Brandt said to her. His eyes were wild with anger, fear, and sorrow. "I know how this must look, but I'm doing it for your own good. That man has poisoned you against me. I know it's true. Do you remember when we were little? We always played together. And then my family moved to the city and yours stayed. We loved one another back then. You promised you'd marry me."
"What? I've only met you once before!" Rage contorted his features and he tore the clothes from her body.
"I'll make you remember." Brandt growled and pressed the red-hot metal into her skin.
"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" He only held it there for a few seconds. But Kao's body was tense with agony for long after the poker was removed from her skin. Small bits of her flesh stuck to the metal.
"Tell me you love me." He said, waving the metal by her skin. The scent of burning flesh filled the air.
"Get away from me!" She cried.
"Whoo boy. Not the smartest thing to say-"
"AAAAGGGHHH!"
"Given this poor boy's mental state." Ravasz finished after being interrupted by Kao's scream.
Brandt stood over her menacingly. Kao's entire body was shaking violently, from both pain and terror as she looked up at him.
"Say you love me!" Brandt shouted at her.
"Please. Stop. It hur-GYAAAHHH!"
"I know you love me!" He burned her a few more times and then put the piece of metal back in the fire so it could heat up again. Tears welled up in his eyes and his whole demeanor changed in an instant.
"Kao, oh God! Are you okay? Does it hurt?" He rushed to her side with the speed and distress of a mother. "Oh God! Oh God!"
"Get away from me!" Kao screamed at him. The mask of rage returned to his features and he pressed on each of her burns as hard as he could. Pain arched her back as she cried out. Stars danced in her vision and then the pain stopped and she collapsed onto the bed.
Brandt took out a knife then.
"Kao," He said with tears in his eyes. "Please. Why won't you remember me."
"You're insane! Please, stop!"
He ran his hand along her tattoo.
"I'm insane?" He asked her, genuinely perplexed. "I'm insane?" He looked her in the eye. "I'm insane?" Rage in his voice again. "I'm Insane?"
He shoved the knife deep into her thigh until it hit bone. Kao screamed again and jerked her leg making the wound bigger. Blood ran freely from around the knife. Brandt retrieved the poker and pulled the knife free. He placed the red hot metal against the knife gash to cauterize the wound.
"I'm sorry Kao. I'm so sorry" He wept. "Why can't you remember our love." Kao kept her mouth shut this time. "Answer me!" He snarled.
"Y-Yes. I-I do l-love y-you." She whimpered. Anything to make the pain stop.
"I'd be careful with him on your side there." Ravasz spoke up. He'd been watching in silence the whole time. "If he messes up my mark too much you'll default on our contract."
"What happens then." Kao whispered when Brandt's back was turned. Ravasz laughed.
"Something fun." Was all he said as he faded from her sight.

Brandt came back, the knife was gone now. "You're lying to me. Who are you? You aren't my Kao."
"I'm the only Kao." Brandt pounded his fist on her leg and pressed the metal to her navel. "AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!"
There was n way to tell how much time had passed since she'd been abducted. But right now she'd give anything to be with Vincent again. Her master was at least sane. This man... he had no grip on reality anymore.
"She isn't you Kao!" He cried in rage. "She's an imposter! Where are you? Tell me where I can go to save you? That bastard still has you! Doesn't he!"
"Who are you talking to?" Kao asked fearfully.
"Shut up, whore!" He punched her in the face.
"Kao!" He was turned away from her. "Tell me where he has you! I'll come straight there and rescue you."
"Please, sir. Please let me go. I'll do whatever you want me to." Kao said, eyes closed, tears flowing anew. He grabbed her breast hard and twisted it slightly. Kao cried as he pushed down on a burn.
"I don't want anything from you!" He growled.

Kao drifted in between consciousness and what she assumed was death. Brandt's actions had gotten more and more erratic. He'd started slashing at the air with his knife or the metal he kept in the fire. All Kao could do was whimper, because every time she opened her mouth he hurt her even more. By now she had several more burns on her right side. He'd stabbed her once more, in her stomach and he cauterized that wound too.
"What the hell are you looking at!" He screamed at her. He hadn't started frothing at the mouth yet, but it would happen soon. Kao wished that her magic could go crazy and save her from the pain. "Stop looking at me!" He was above her in an instant, hands closing around her neck.
Kao's vision darkened as the lack of oxygen threatened to send her into unconsciousness. After a few more seconds Brandt took his hands away in disgust and backhanded her hard enough to spin her head 90 degrees. Kao just lay there gasping for breath.

"I know what you deserve." Brandt said darkly as he turned away from the imposter on the bed. He fumbled around the cabin until he found what he was searching for. A malicious grin split his face as he turned back and approached the bed. Holding a spoon. Kao stood there, she knew what he was about to do and she had both arms outstretched, a pleading look on her face.
"Get out of the way Kao."
"Brandt! Stop!"
"She tricked me. She has to pay. That bastard has to pay."
"That's me!"
"No it's not."
"Brandt! I'm just an illusion! Can't you tell? That's the real Kao Tulant!" Brandt regarded her and then the mess of a girl on the bed before him. It wasn't Kao who was laying there, just some dock side prostitute the bastard carpenter had paid for to trick him. Brandt simply shook his head, but the doubt was there. Picking up the knife he stalked towards the girl.
"What is your name?" He said putting the blade to her throat. The girl didn't respond, didn't even open her eyes. Pushing her hair aside he took the tip of her ear in between his fingers and pulled it back and away from her head. Then, guessing roughly, he put the blade half way between the bit of her ear he held and where her ear was attached to her head. The amount of pressure required to cut through the cartilage surprised him. It felt like he was cutting through butter. The girl's eyes opened in shock and she let out a cry of agony.
"Father! Save me!" She called out pathetically.
"What's your name?" Brandt shouted in her ear.
"K-K-K-Kao T-T-Tulant!"
"Liar!" He shoved the chopped off part of her ear in her mouth and forced her to chew. "Swallow it!" She did as was told and then threw up. Brandt cut her bonds and rolled her unceremoniously onto the floor so she didn't drown on her own vomit. Brandt took the remains of the cloth he had used to hold her to the bed and tied her hands behind her back. He lashed her ankles together for good measure too. He straddled her body and then sat down on her stomach. He took the spoon in his hand and placed the tip of it under her eye.
"Tell me your name." He repeated slowly.
"Kao... Tulant." She said. Her body was frozen, eyes wide open afraid to even breathe as the cold metal bit softly into the flesh below her eye socket.
"Brandt! It's her! It's me! Stop!" Kao shouted. He ignored her.
"What's your name?"
"Kao Tulant."
"No. It's not."
Just as he was about to push down on the spoon he heard the sound of wings and scratching claws on glass. His head spun around and he saw a bird on the window sill. It stared in at him and there was a tube tied to its leg.
"Swift?" He asked out loud in confusion. The girl used this opportunity to buck him off of her. She scrambled across the room like a worm and took shelter in the corner, eyes wide as she looked back at him. Blood ran down the right side of her head, burns covered the right side of her body and her belly button, each spot was an angry red. On her left thigh was another burn mark that managed to just lightly touch the tattoo there. As he watched, he saw a puddle start to form around her and a pungent odor filled the room. As he stood up to make his way over to her he smelled the same thing on the bed along with her blood and burnt flesh. The poor girl was pissing in terror.

Kao saw the owl at the window and knowing this was her only chance. She summoned the last of her strength to throw Brand toff of her and get away from him. Using what little pressure she could "inhale," Kao made an image of Vincent and put the words, "Find him. Bring him here. I'm begging you. Please, I need help!"
The owl seemed to nod and then flew off. Brandt advanced on her again, the spoon glinting in the firelight. Kao felt the dampness on the wooden floor and the smell that filled her nostrils. She began to cry, knowing that Vincent wouldn't get there in time to save her life.[/b]

Last edited by Lullabye on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heizengard
Heizengard
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:24 am

Vincent stood there for in silence for a while and started to calm down when he heard a scratching noise on his window. He looked and saw it was an owl of some kind, pecking and scratching at it. Getting annoyed Vincent walked up to it and it flew a few feet away from him before landing on the ground. Vincent walked back into the house and came back, scratching and pecking. "What is it you want? I don't have any food to offer." He said. When he got near the bird it took off and landed again when stopped following it. Odd. He thought. He walked up to the bird again and it did the same thing, flew and stopped once it saw that he wasn't following it. Knowing that the bird would go back to scratching his window, he decided to see what it was the bird wanted and followed after the bird.

After walking for about 40 minutes the bird stopped in front of a house on the outskirts of Faunt. There was nothing odd about the house in Vincent's eyes but for some reason the owl wanted him there. He walked up to one of the windows and looked in. The house was lit up by a fireplace and had a nice looking interior. Nothing seemed odd about it until he noticed blood on the bed and ground. Looking around he noticed a man sitting onto of a girl with orange hair with burn marks all over her body. It was Kao.

"Kao!" Vincent said. He ran over to the door and managed to kick it down. He rushed at the man, knocking him off her. Rage filled Vincent's eyes and the room became to get dark till you could barley see anything. Vincent began punching the man in the face each time filling his fist with his shadow magic to make it stronger. After punching him a few times, Vincent bound the mans arms and legs to the ground with his magic and stood up over him. "You stay right there." He said, angry filling his voice. "When I get back the two of us are going have some fun."

Vincen rushed over the Kao and put his arms around her. "Kao. I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner." He said, the rage in his voice being replaced with sorrow.
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:32 am

"M-Master?" Kao asked. She let her pained body relax in his embrace and she began to sob.

Brandt struggled against the magic that held him down. The bastard carpenter. His rage filled mind said.
"Where is she?" He shouted. "You better tell me where she is, or so help me I'll kill you! Where is my Love?"
"Brandt." Kao said standing next to him. "You've had me this whole time." She pointed to the girl who was sobbing in Vincent's arms. "You've lost your mind."
Brandt looked from Kao, to the girl the carpenter was holding. Eventually it dawned on him.
"K-Kao?" He asked. Tears filled his eyes. "How could I...why didn't... I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do any of this! I'm sorry! I love you Kao! I need you. Please, forgive me!"
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:37 am

The Alchemage had followed the man into the room and watched the scene before him unfold, mumbling to himself.
"Well, well...maybe he does have some skill after all. He might even be useful."
He walked up to Kao and pulled out a bottle from his robe.
"Hello, funny meeting you here! You look like you could use this, it's a health potion made by yours truly! So naturally, it's of the highest quality."
He held it up and shook it a little, waiting for them to break their hug so that Kao could take it.
Back to top Go down
Heizengard
Heizengard
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:52 am

Vincent let go of Kao and left her with The Alchemage. He proceeded to walk over to where Brandt was restrained. "Your love?" He asked questioningly and he sat down on his chest, looking down at his face. "Let me get this straight... you think she's your... lover. Am I correct?" Vincent began to laugh a bit as he sat there, looking back and forth between the two. "Funny. If she is really was your love as you put it then why is she covered in blood and burns? Seems more like a torture show to me." Vincent pulled out his knife from his pocket, eyeing it and playing with it. "I also seem to recall seeing you try to do... something with her eyes? I could wrong but the blood draining from the bottom of where her eye is is telling me I'm right. So... here is my idea. Me and my friend Mr. Knife are gonna... reenact that scene. You know, the one where you were trying to take her eye out, except Instead of a spoon I'm gonna be using this knife. Or better yet..." Vincent said, trailing off and looking over at Kao. "How about I have your "love" do it instead. You know. To make it fair." Vincent's face contorted in pure delight as he began to laugh to himself. "How about it Kao? Do you think you could do it or should I?"
Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:08 am

MateusseDarkslight wrote:
The man wisely moved away. A moment later, Riastrad came tumbling out of the back room and landing sprawled on the floor, the bartender advancing on him with a club. "That bounty on your head is mine, ya crook..."
"Xia, run or fight, up to you..." Riastrad managed to gasp.

Xia pulled out her crossbow, which was already loaded with a bolt, and fired it. The bolt sped towards the bartender holding a club, and pinned his arm to a nearby wall. Xia loaded another bolt, and fired it again, pinning the bartender's other arm to the wall. She walked over to Riastrad, and helped him to his feet. "I'm afraid you have my friend mixed up with someone else." She said firmly. "We'll take our leave, as well as one of your horses." She dropped some gold coins on the floor in front of the bartender. "This will cover the cost of the horse. I warn you not to follow us; you really don't want to be on my bad side." She added, as she put away her crossbow, and raised her right hand, forming a small plume of fire in her palm. "I'd hate to have to burn this place to the ground as punishment." She looked directly at the bartender, then assisted Riastrad outside and to the stables. "We should leave, quickly."
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:35 am

The Alchemage shook his head in disapproval.
"Man, I might be evil but you guys are just sick. Unfortunately, giving therapy is not one of my many talents."

Hayabusa spoke up.
"Perhaps when you recruit them as your minions, we could direct them to--"

The Alchemage cut him off by placing his hand over Hayabusa's beak.
"Shut up! What do you think you're doing?!"
He laughed and looked back at Kao.
"Don't mind him, the poor thing is delusional. Health potion?"
He shook the bottle some more.
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Memoire paused.
"Well, I can't think of anything too bad he'll do to you. Might give me some verbal grief but he won't be willing to do something too drastic. You, your father, and your people will be safe and no doubt happy to be reunited. I promise that, Lavina."
He put his hand in hers. "I know this is a little soon, but please understand I am your friend and you can trust me."

Riastrad staggered towards the horse, before cursing and falling to his knees again. "Get... me... some water... don't care...where from... now... NOW..."
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Lavina looked up at him
"I-I don't know, I don't want him taking them from their home again, like I was"
she looked down
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that"
she turned pulling her hand from his
"I just don't know what to do. I would love to go home and be with my people and my family but I don't want to risk any harm to them. I could stay here but..."
she looked up at the sky again
"it would be like putting a bird in a cage, but then"
she sighed
"I guess I would have to get used to it, I doubt your brother would want to live in the forest, so I would have to live here whether I like it or not"
Back to top Go down
pizzanerd1
pizzanerd1
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Miss Elegent Serenity wrote:
H thought for a moment then pushed herself off the wall
"Ill go there for the food but not the beer"
she walked past him and out the door
"It's best to keep a clear mind when around new people"
she waited outside of the inn gesturing him to go ahead of her
"I'll let you lead the way"

Vyse shrugged his shoulders as he said "Alright, though I personally could go for a beer." as he walked beside H and walked towards the pub at the end of the street "This is the first time i've been in a town for nearly a week, I could go for something besides water and food rations."
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Kao took the glass vial and examined the contents. She wondered if it would have any adverse effects like the concoction Vincent had given her when he'd ordered her to strip. Hesitantly she took the stopper from the vial and put it to her lips. The first sip filled her mouth with a terrible taste, but she drank it down as fast as she could. The pain in her body faded almost completely away although the memory was still there. Most of the burns vanished, but the worst remained as scars. She got to her feet unsteadily.
"You're that..." She said looking at Alchemage. "Okay." She looked at Vincent and saw Brandt underneath him. Her heart took off and she took a few stumbling steps backwards. Breathing coming in uneven gasps she tried to get as far away from Brandt as the wall would allow. Her hand brushed against the smooth fabric. Looking down at her hand she saw the sack of the V-Blade things she had stolen earlier. Drawing one from the inside of the small sack she walked cautiously over to where Vincent had Brandt pinned.
"Y-You say you're in love with me. But you couldn't even recognize me. We've only met that one time, when you touched my shoulder. What's wrong with you? Is...Is this all my fault?"
Brandt looked up at her. "Kao... You didn't do anything. You can't do anything wrong, you're perfect."
Something in her gut made her start to feel sick.
"You say that, but you almost killed me. You called me a dockside prostitute. You were you talking to?"
"I was talking to you."
"I was too busy being stabbed and burned to hold a conversation."
"Forgive me."
"No."
Kao brought her weapon up, prepared to end his life. Rage and hatred burned in her mind. The need for revenge, fed by her adrenaline and intense fear, was controlling her actions. The primal need to lash out the only thing that mattered.
A weight settled on her shoulder and she felt talons gently press int other flesh. She turned her head and looked into the eyes of a grayish-brown owl's eyes.
"Swift?" Brandt said in confusion to the bird. Kao stared into its eyes and knew that this was the one she had sent to find Vincent. The owl gazed at its master for a few moments before looking back to Kao. It seemed to be shaking its head. She let her weapon arm fall to her side.
"You don't want me to kill him?" She asked the bird. It made a whooing sound. "I see." She said, seeming to understand it somehow.
A second owl flew in and landed near Brandt. There was a tube tied to its leg.
"Revulse..." Brandt said.
Another owl? Kao went over to this one and saw that the tube on its leg could be opened. Slipping the top from it she pulled out the bit of paper, unrolled and read it.

Brandt-
Where are you? We've been looking for you all day. We're getting worried.
-Darmi

Did the city guards use owls to communicate?
"What does it say?" Brandt asked. Kao considered answering him or not.
"They're looking for you. The note says Darmi." The Guard seemed to freeze in shock. "I take it you know them. If I had to guess they're your friends."
Taking a quill from the desk nearby she filled it with blood, of which there was plenty, and penned a quick note. Vincent told her where they were.
"Master... I..." Her grip tightened on the boomerang she held. At the same time the owl tightened its grip on her shoulder. It didn't want her to kill him. "I can't." She said finally turning away from Vincent. She saw Alchemage and Hayabusa watching with curiosity. "Kill him if you'd like. But if we want him to suffer shouldn't we turn him in to his own people? If I send this owl back with a message then they can come and take him."
"No!" Brandt cried. "You can't leave me!"
"Shut up!" Kao spun around and threw the weapon at him. It lodged in the man's shoulder. Blood slowly began to ooze around the blade as she stared, eyes wide.

Back to top Go down
Autumn
Autumn
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:21 am

Varfolomei was prepared to do what it would take to come out of this war. He was just appointed king, and he was not prepared to lose that position before his life goal was done, as this was the farthest that he has come so far. Perhaps if he can lead his people to some success, they would look at filthborns differently. Arthénice had said that Varfolomei needed to find a way to get the people on his side, so he decided he would give a speech at his coronation. He planned out the speech in his head as he walked through the halls of the castle to the medical center. There he saw Al, who after surviving the surgery, was now rehabilitating in his appointed room.

"Al! You okay Al!? I cut legs off, human flesh weak. I sorry, Al. I no mean."

"Uhh...y-yeah...i-it's okay." Al said with a slightly confused expression on his face.

"Al, how you run so fast?"

"Well, it's my ability to run fast. I've gained it through years of rough training to help me in my assassinations. If you haven't noticed, I'm an assassin."

"You still can use magic?"

"I don't think so, I don't really have any legs anymore so-"

"Try it!"

Al sighed, he didn't know what Varfolomei was hoping to get accomplished, as this would obviously be a fruitless experiment. Al tried channeling his magic as he would before, he could usually feel it go to his legs, however this time he couldn't feel where it went. Nevertheless, Al attempt to use his magic, resulting in him scuddling across the room. Using his arms, he was hand walking at speeds reaching nearly the same speeds as he was with legs. Al was shocked at his new found power. While it was a hindrance to not have legs, he would make do with his new found ability and work some tactics with it. Varfolomei was also excited.

"Al! It work! You go fast!"

Al thought that this filthborn sure was a strange one, but then again, he's only ever met two in his life, and the other he's met had been just as strange as this one."

"What is your name, filthborn?"

"I Varfolomei."

"Varfolomei, I shall serve under you for now on. My name is-"

"Al, I bad news bring. Country want war with Old Capital. Country have dragons, is not good! We need protect city, will be hard. I have goal Al, I make filthborns equal with humans. I need help Al, help of all city. I not lose war. I have plan."

Varfolomei then left Al to rest before he could say another war. Varfolomei thought through his plan for a long while, up until the his coronation. The coronation took place on the castle's balcony for all to see, and there the townspeople saw their king to be for the first time. The townspeople were already shocked at the fact that their king has died and they were even more shocked to see who the new king was to be. No one has ever seen this figure nor were they fond of his immediate appearance. Most towns people began to think that this was a joke. As the townspeople chattered amongst themselves, Varfolomei had to make his speech to win over the people.

"People of Old Capital, I Varfolomei. Old king assassinated, he say I new king. I no want be king if you no want me be king though, I tell you of Varfolomei. You decide for self if want Varfolomei for new king. I come from underground mine. Filthborn repressed outside of mine, mine is safe. I come out so that no happen anymore. I want human not afraid of filthborn, and filthborn not afraid of human. Is hard task, is impossible task, but I must do...There is more trouble. Dragon men are coming to old capital, dragon men bad! They want hurt you. I no let them hurt you! I have plan, is good plan. Trust me and I lead you to era of prosperity. We dance and eat pie, all will be welcome. Money flow through city streets, New Capital be ashamed of inferiority. Together, we make Old Capital best Capital!"

The townspeople had a somewhat mixed reaction. While they enjoyed the optimism of the new king and the fact that he was allowing themselves to choose if he was to become the king, he was still a random figure, and the news of upcoming war was never good. Varfolomei noticed that some of them were also confused at one word in particular.

"You not know what pie is? Hmm...Servant, please come here!"

One of Varfolomei's servants came by and after Varfolomei asked him a question, he left with the baker. The townspeople were confused, but decided to wait. After nearly an hour, Varfolomei returned with all of the royal cooks, bearing with them various types of pies. Varfolomei motioned at the townspeople to try the pies, and the townspeople accepted the his generosity. As slices of pie began to get passed around, the general consensus was that these pies were delicious. The townspeople have never had anything like it! This action brought cheer to the townspeople and made them slightly forget of the upcoming war they had been looming on. Then, one at a time, the crowd began to chant Varfolomei's name. They were not sure where he would take them, but they decided to trust him as their new king. With that, Varfolomei gained the support of the people of Old Capital. The coronation continued with the crowed eating and cheering, and generally being merry. As the crown was placed on Varfolomei's head, there was a big uproar of applause. Varfolomei smiled and waved at his people from the balcony. Varfolomei then called over one of his advisers.

"I have request for villagers. Make announcement once happy fun time dies down. I need lizards, many lizards. Have townspeople collect lizards, store lizards somewhere. Is for plan. Pay small amounts of money for lizards, money come from personal riches I get now that I king, from own pocket. Aim lizard collecting towards small man, but anyone can do."
Back to top Go down
Heizengard
Heizengard
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySun May 11, 2014 1:12 am

"Fine." Vincent said sighing. "But I can't leave him unpunished." Vincent rose his knife to his face. "I'm gonna make sure that he won't do this again. First thing I'm gonna do Brandt is cut off each of your fingers. Next is your eyes. Then finally I'm gonna cut out your tongue. Does that sound good to you Brandt?" Any form of mercy Vincent had in him was gone by that point. He didn't want to kill him. He wanted him to suffer as payment for stealing something that belonged to him. Without looking at the other two there Vincent said "If either of you don't want to see this then I suggest going outside and waiting."
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySun May 11, 2014 2:45 am

"Now now, there's no need for such mindless brutality."
The Alchemage walked up to the two, hovering over the tied-up prisoner.
"Indeed...he would make an ideal specimen for my experiments, don't you agree? And you need not concern yourself with getting your jollies off of torture and mutilation, as I'm sure these experiments will be quite excruciating."
He looked back at the man with the knife.
"I'll even give you a front row seat to the show, hah hah hah hah!"
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:14 am

Kao didn't say anything. She had slipped into a cold place of her emotions. She felt nothing and simply watched. The owl on her shoulder seemed somewhat agitated.
I need new clothes. She thought to herself, noticing that she was completely naked. Her head hurt and her body hurt. All she wanted was to sleep and forget about all of this. The boomerang jutted out of Brandt's shoulder. Kao retrieved the weapon and wiped the blood off of it before she put it back in the bag with the others. Then she stood and waited near the other owl, message in her hand already rolled to place inside the tube and send it back to its master.
Back to top Go down
Heizengard
Heizengard
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:33 am

Vincent didn't bother to look at The Alchemage. "No. That'd be a mercy. I want him to suffer. I want the last thing he see's being my knife plunging into his eyes. If you have a problem with it then go wait outside." Vincent didn't even wait for him to leave before he got started. One by one Vincent slowly cut off Brandt's fingers and stuck them in a pouch he carried on him. With each cut Brandt would let out a scream. Vincent made sure to be as clean and slow as he could. He wanted to savor this. Nobody steals from him and get's away with it after all. Once he was done with Brandt's fingers, Vincent cleaned off the blade and looked him in the eyes. "I think you know what's coming next." He said with a smile, taking the knife and wedging it under his eye and prying it out. Brandt let out a scream as blood became to pour out of where his eye used to be. Taking the knife again, he did the same to the other. After he finished spooning the eyes out, he severed them from his head and put them in the bag with the fingers. Brandt was screaming and sobbing. Vincent grabbed Brandt's jaw and pried open his mouth. Grabbing Brandt's tongue Vincent took his knife and cut it out. Blood poured out from it and Vincent got up and turned Brandt over on his side so he would choke on his blood. Brandt was on the verge of passing out when Vincent spoke in his ear. "Why didn't I just kill you you might be wondering. Because I want you to suffer. I want you to live with the mistake you made. Never steal from me again." Vincent got up and walked to the door. "Come on. We should get going."
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:53 am

Kao dipped the quill in more blood and unrolled the paper she had and added to her note quickly.
Darmi-
Brandt is currently being restrained at this moment so he cannot write this reply himself. You can find him in the old cabin on the north east outskirts of Faunt. The door will be marked with an X.
I'm sorry to inform you of this, but your comrade Brandt is in serious danger and is at this present moment bleeding to death. I do not have enough room on this paper to go into much detail, but I want you to know that this wasn't a wanton act of mutilation but instead an act of revenge for cruelties inflicted on my person. I am sorry for the trouble this will undoubtedly cause.
-Kao Tulant

She rerolled the paper and slipped it into the owl's message tube. Giving the bird a nudge it took off and flew from the building. Without any other options she foudn the cleanest of the bed sheets and wrapped it around herself. The owl repositioned itself as necessary so she could be completely hidden by the large piece of fabric. Nodding to Vincent she went to stand by him until he led the way out of the building.
"Master, I need some new clothes." She said calmly despite the growing turmoil in her gut. The boomerangs clinked softly in the bag.
Back to top Go down
Heizengard
Heizengard
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:16 am

"I know Kao." Vincent said, trying not to look at her. "We need to get cleaned off first. We don't want to cause a stir in town. Plus my clothes and hands are covered in blood." Vincent looked down at his hands saying this. "Let's get cleaned up first all right?"
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:44 am

"Yes, Master."

Revulse landed silently on the window sill. The three of them gathered around as Mato opened the message and scanned it. He held it out to Darmi. A smell wafted into the air.
"Blood." Koran observed.
Darmi took the note and read it. "Brandt's in danger, we need to go get him!" She said rushing towards the door.
"Read the sender's name." Mato said.
"But Brandt needs us."
"It will just take a second."
Irritably she looked at the paper still in her hand with the letters written in blood. It had been addressed to her and told them where Brandt was at that he was bleeding to death. And then she saw the name at the bottom.
"Kao Tulant."
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:37 am

The Alchemage grumbled to himself.
"Still not a single word of thanks for the help I give. How ungrateful can these people be?"
He looked back up at them.
"Fine, yes, get yourselves cleaned up. But afterwards, we have some business to discuss! The sooner the better, so hurry it up. A man of my caliber should not be kept waiting for long!"

Hayabusa cawed in response.
"Indeed. You have been quite an inconvenience to my master. You should be very grateful that he has taken such an interest in you two."

The Alchemage laughed gleefully at Hayabusa.
"Oh my, is that a hint of jealousy I hear?"

Hayabusa hung his head.
"N-no, not at all, master."
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 10:40 am

Memoire put a hand on her shoulder.
"Lavina. Don't worry about it. Go back, live with your people. All legal avenues have been covered, and I'll take care of the flack. I promise."
He sat down next to her. "I suppose you have a point, what with the whole me kidnapping you thing."
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 11:12 am

pizzanerd1 wrote:

Vyse shrugged his shoulders as he said "Alright, though I personally could go for a beer." as he walked beside H and walked towards the pub at the end of the street "This is the first time i've been in a town for nearly a week, I could go for something besides water and food rations."

H shrugged
"Suit yourself, I'll just stick to water"
as the walked to the pub she looked all around studying the place
"I like to keep a clear head just in case anything happens, like my master always said its good to be prepared for anything "

Lavina looked over at him when he sat down next to her
"I suppose I could stay a night here and head back in the morning."
she looked up at the sky
"besides it'll be dark soon and if we were to go to my home now it'll e dark before we even reach it. Its not safe to be in the woods at night"
she closed her eyes for a moment
"Why did you kidnap me, is it because of my father?"
she opened her eyes and looked over at him
"If you knew my father was here all along why didn't you just tell me?"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Power

View previous topic View next topic Back to top