HomeSearchLatest imagesStaff List & InfoRegisterLog in
Welcome to TBRP, Guest! It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:08 am
Remember to check the archives for old Roleplays/Roleplay Segments.
Always check the announcements, help sections or archives for the information you require before messaging an Admin or Moderator.
TBRP Facebook
Check out our Facebook page here
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hello there everyone
First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 7:22 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» Salutations
First Power - Page 32 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:55 am by Lullabye

» -RP- Earth's Pawns (Reboot)
First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» Anti-Fractal Academy
First Power - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:05 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» TBRP Changelog
First Power - Page 32 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:03 pm by Crazy Potato

» First Power
First Power - Page 32 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:05 pm by Miss Elegent Serenity

» -RP- cælum vs inferno (a war brought upon earth)
First Power - Page 32 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 11:55 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» TBRPAdmin Account
First Power - Page 32 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 am by TBRPAdmin

» Mascot Name Voting Thread!
First Power - Page 32 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

Most Viewed Topics
-RP- Earth's Pawns (Reboot)
-RP- Bellatrix (Part 1)
-RP- cælum vs inferno (a war brought upon earth)
~Bellatrix ~ (reboot)
-RP- Chaos and Order
United We Stand, Divided We Fall [Reboot]
First Power
-RP- United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Part 1)
~Bellatrix ~ (reboot)
-RP- United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Part 2)

First Power

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

First Power - Page 32 Empty
MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:55 pm

"They asked to breed with your daughter for future fine kings," Memoire said flatly.
Her father looked absolutely outraged. "What is it with humans and marrying my damn daughter?!" he cursed quietly.

Memoire stepped forwards to address the Yammerians, speaking in fluent Yammish.
"Jpe fof upi sll trsvj yjod lsmf?"
The man who had spoken pointed at the fang his companion wielded. "Ftshpmd."
Memoire went visibly pale. "Upi'tr drtopid."
"Urd."

Memoire pulled himself visibly together, still looking shaken.
"Eju jsbr upi vpmr?"
"Yp gpthr sm sllosmvr eoyj yjrdr ppomyu-rstrf vtrsitrd. Er eoll yslr yjr lomhfpm," their leader replied.

Memoire still seemed shaken, but he drew back to counsel.
"They wish for an alliance. No terms, no demands. They wish for allies to..."
He paused, delicately. "Take over the kingdom."
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Lavina looked at her father
"Father what are you going to do about this? they can't do that, take over our kingdom. Please father do something about it"
she gave her father a pleading look then looked to Memoire
"Can't your father do something about this? After all I'm to marry his son, why can't he provide protection for our people?"
Lavina was starting to panic but felt outraged at the same time. Her father couldn't allow them to take over their kingdom. Lavina took a deep breath. the next question she dreaded to hear the answer but had to know
"What happens if we say no?"
Back to top Go down
http://dubtopian-review.eu/groups/tbrp-group/
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Memoire turned.
"Ehsy jspprmd og yjr smdert od mp?"
The leader shrugged. "Oy msyyrtd mpy. Er eoll lrsbr prsvrgillu. Kidy yjpihjy O'f pggrrt s djstr pg pit hlptu. O jsbr mp gohjy eoyj yjrdr prpplr, smf jppr er vsm... vp-pprtsyr sgyrt pit bovyptu."
"Upi str ypp lomf," Memoire replied, before turning back to the elves.
"If the alliance is refused, there will be no repercussions for your people. They merely offer a share of their glory upon their victory, and hope that if they win, you and they will cooperate as peoples. Agree or not, your people will not be drafted into the conflict and your lands will remain untouched."
He lowered his voice. "If I were you I would not dismiss this deal out of hand. This could be a miracle sent from the heavens - this could be just what you need."
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Lavina looked at her father
"Are you planning to take the offer or leave it father? I'm not queen yet so it is your decision whether you want to take it or leave it"
she looked back at the men wondering why they gave them such an offer but want nothing in return.
"Is there a catch somewhere in there? its just sounds to much of an offer for nothing"
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:15 am

"The Yammerians are an extremely honorable race. They do not believe in blackmail, extortion, politics or anything that could be classed as underhanded. They seek allies only for the glory of the fight, but for the love of all things you treasure do not actively pick a fight with a Yammerian. More than one finds out about it, and the result is a blood feud that goes as far as genocide which can't be stopped, called off, or reasoned with. However, fortunately for everyone else, it is also extremely difficult to piss off a Yammerian. Refuse a deal, they won't care. Take their land, they don't give a toss, they'll just find some more. Take their natural resources, they believe in sharing the world they inhabit. Even taking their women doesn't really get them riled, seeing as they're naturally... shall I say, larger than the rest of the world and know they're the best at... umm... keeping the women loyal. The only known way to anger a Yammerian is to kill one. Then the rest of their people swarm after you like locusts. And they never. EVER. Stop."
He shuddered. "My people made that mistake. So now the Yammerians have come to burn my people to the ground and kill us all. But, was our fault so, they're kinda justified."
Her father looked at Lavina. "What do you think?"

The waitress looked bleary-eyed, but managed to look sufficiently alert enough as she approached Xia. "What breakfast would you like? The same as that woman over there?" She pointed at H, who had tried to look hidden.
"She had the full morning special, and seems to be enjoying it." It was, of course, also the most expensive thing on the menu.
Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 6:25 am

Xia looked over to where the waitress was pointing, and saw H, trying to keep herself hidden from view. "Yes." She replied to the waitress, and placed the money on the bar top. She then walked over to H's table, and placed her hands on it, as she leaned forward. "I thought you would have been long gone by now." She said to H. "What changed your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:00 am

Lavina took a moment to think things over. Should they take the offer or leave it. Taking the offer would mean they would have more help in case anyone were to attack them. Not taking the offer would mean they wouldn't and they would be on their own
"Father...I think you should take the offer. It might actually help us if we do, our people are dying and we need to prevent us all from becoming no more"
she gave her father a pleading look
"Please father, for the people"

H looked up at Xia before placing the paper down on the table
"I was just having a meal before leaving, I usually travel a lot so I rarely get meals like this. I thought I would take advantage and have decent meal before I head out. Not sure when I will come across another town"
she took a bite of her food
"I'm surprised to see you up bright and early, you two were sound asleep. It was easy to leave unnoticed "
Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:20 pm

"Not quite." Xia retorted. "I heard you close the door behind you." She explained, as she sat down. "Also, the sun blaring in through the window had a hand in waking us up." She looked over towards the bar. "Riasrad asked me to get something to eat while he washes up, though I have a funny feeling he went back to sleep."
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:43 pm

Memoire had a blazing look of pride on his face as he winked at Lavina.
Her father looked at her with a face like stone.
Then he looked at his court, at his subjects, young and old, looking at him expectantly. He saw hope, he saw fear, he saw anger, he saw loss. And as his fist clenched he realized his daughter was more fit to rule than she realized.
Desharin stepped up besides him and he closed his eyes.
"Yes. For the people." He opened them and turned to Memoire. "Tell them we accept their offer."
Memoire turned back to the guests of the elves.

"Upit pggrt od svvrpyrf. Yjrdr prpplr, yjr Rlbrd, eoll djstr om yjr vpmomh hlptu."
The men instantly burst out cheering. One full-on kissed a nearby elf maid, with full-on tongues, and she got so caught up in it she kissed him back. The other men simply cheered louder, a chant taking form.
"JPMPT YP YJR RLBRD! JPMPT YP YJR RLBRD! JPMPT YP YJR RLBRD!" More men clad in the strange garments materialized as if from nowhere, great meats and fruits from distant lands were brought in on stretchers and carts, and a feast to celebrate sprang up out of nowhere, with alcohol, wine and everything else a good feast needed. They seemed to actively encourage the elves to share their food and drink, actively offering it out.
"It has to be said," Memoire grinned. "No-one parties quite like the Yammerians." His cheerful demeanor quickly faded.
"With respect your majesties, I wish to confirm a theory. May I be excused for a brief moment?"
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Lavina relaxed slightly when they started cheering and was quite surprised at all the food they had brought in. At least her people will be able to feast well today. She smiled and looked over at Memoire
"If you wish"
she turned to her father placing her hand in his
"I think I shall return to my room...."
she looked around then back to her father
"I'm not in the mood for festivities, nor am I dressed for one. You should dance with Desharin and enjoy yourself."
She looked at Desharin and gave her a slight bow before taking her leave and heading to her room. Upon entering she closed the door behind her and let out a sigh or relief leaning against the door for a brief moment. She felt as if she was holding her breath the entire time.
"I honestly don't see how father does it, I'm soo afraid of making the wrong choices"
She looked over at her desk and spotted the book her mother left her. She walked over, picked the book up and headed out on the balcony to do some reading, the put her mind at ease. Everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves, maybe things will start looking up for them. But there was something that Memoire said that worried her. If his father found out about their decision, would that start a war between them?
she sighed and started reading her book, putting the question in the back of her mind for now

H chuckled
"Guess he is fond of the bed then"
she stared out the window
"I apologize if I woke you this morning, I had hoped to be traveling by now but I decided to take my time. I'm not exactly sure where to begin my search, so I am trying to piece things together right now."
she looked at the newspaper which had an image of the fire from the night before
"The man I killed was trying to tell me something but died before he could finish. I need to find out what it is"

Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Xia tilted her head slightly. "Would anyone else know what he knew?" She looked at H, as she crossed her legs under the table. "I know it's probably a long shot; but he can't have been the only one with the information you're looking for." Her eyes briefly gazed over a nearby paper that someone was reading at another table.
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 3:44 pm

"It's hard, at first."
Memoire landed on her balcony. "You think of a million ways it could all go absolutely wrong and how if it did, if it wasn't absolutely perfect it would be entirely your fault. Then you think of how improbable everything going absolutely right is, and you start to wonder how does anyone do it. But then you realise something. It's not that you did or didn't make the right or the wrong choice. You made a decision. And that's all you can do."
He patted her on the shoulder, sneaking a glimpse at the blurb of the book.
"I'm proud of you Lavina. You have the makings of a fine queen. Nice book, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Lavina looked up at him
"I figured you would be with everyone else and having a good time, did you find out what you needed to?"
she looked down at her book since he mentioned what she was reading
"It was one my mother read to me when I was still inside her. Father told me she would read it to me every night before she went to sleep"
Lavina looked up at the sky
"Sometimes I wonder what she was like and how things would be if she didn't pass away."
she sighed wondering if things would be better then they were now
" Father said she adored me even before I was born, I never got to meet her, but I wish I did"
she looked back at her book before closing it
"When I was old enough to read father gave it to me, he told me that is should belong to me and that my mother would have wanted me to have it. I have read it over a hundred times since. Its one of my favorite books to read"
she looked up at Memoire with a questioning look
"Why aren't you partying with everyone else?"

H shrugged
"That's what I'm trying to find out. I was told by a woman to track down this man and kill him. It would lead me closer to my masters killer."
she looked at Xia
"I don't know if there is anyone with the information I'm looking for, IF there is I wouldn't know where to begin to find out"
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:36 am

Memoire sat down next to her, staring at his hands.
"The Yammerians were miles away from developing vessels which could travel the distance between our land and theirs. The fact they're here scares the shit out of me, not to mention I found out how they got here."
He looked at her.
"I asked their leader how they got here. He replied with "Dragons." I prayed that was some kind of metaphor."
He handed her a scale the size of a dinner plate. "Sadly, I was wrong. They're going to tear my kingdom and people apart and I have to think of a way to stop it - I'd rather do it in polite company. Plus, you're not out of the woods yet - once my father finds out about this alliance you've formed, your wedding date is going to become rather soon."
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Lavina looked at the scale
"I've never seen dragon before"
When he mentioned that the decision that was made and his father finding out her face saddened and she set the scale next to her before getting up. She walked over to the edge of the balcony and stared out at the horizon
"I am aware of that. I don't think he will be too happy once he finds out."
she sighed then turned around to face him taking a deep breath
"But I am willing to accept whatever punishment your father bestows upon me, as long as my people are safe that's all that matters"
she exhaled and put her hand up to stop him before he could say anything
"I know what you are going to say. Please...don't"
She gave him a look of warning
"It's hard enough as it is being the only daughter of the elf king, of the last surviving elves. No matter what you say I will do what is best for my people. I don't need another lecture on how I should live my life, or how I should behave as a princess. It is a decision I have made and one I am willing to accept consequences for. If my people are protected and safe that's all that matters"
she let her hand drop down to her side then turned away from him again. Her voice lowered
"I suppose you have to go an tell your father about the decision we have made"
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 1:38 pm

Memoire's mouth turned up at the corner.
"There you are. Not letting a role or a duty make your decision before you think about it. I don't have qualms with the decisions you make - as long as you're making them. Not the princess. Not the future queen. Someone who wants to protect her people. Just for the goodness of it."

He stepped out to her balcony again.
"Bearing in mind, if you do get married you're going to be used as leverage against your people in order to get them to call the alliance off. So the best solution is to not let him know about the alliance... yet."
He turned back to her and his face looked grave.
"Lavina. Do I have your permission as a royal of your people to do whatever needs to be done to preserve your best interests?"
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Lavina glared at him and spoke in almost a snapping tone
"I have always wanted what was best for my people, as my own decision and as their future queen. I have to withhold the duties of a future queen and do whats best for my people"
her voice calmed and was gentler now
"But I want to see my people happy and protect them at all costs. They aren't just my people but they are family. Whats left of us"
she sighed and looked back at the horizon as he asked for her permission
"I don't think I have any other choice, but you will have to put it up with my father, not me. HE is their king, I'm only a princess. I cannot grant you what you ask. Only he can"
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Memoire's face remained impassive. "Your father wishes for you to also give consent. There are spies within your walls, Lavina. Spies who will tell my father of this night. Your father knows their names, where they are right now. He wants your input on it as much as his own. He knows one day you will be queen and I think he rather finds the idea of it... enticing."
He looked aside.
"If you wish for your people to remain safe, I ask of you. Let me do what is best for your people, because it is not a task I would let any true elf stain their hands with, least of all you. Those who would sell out your family for coin must not be allowed to tell the king of the Yammerian arrival."
He paused.
"By ANY means necessary."
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Lavina turned to look at him
"So you have already spoken to my father about this?"
She went silent for a moment thinking things through. What Dasherin said to her earlier had her a bit concerned. But if its to protect her people she would do what she had to
"Then I give you my consent, but be warned if you do ANYTHING to jeopardize my people I will never forgive you"
Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Miss Elegent Serenity wrote:
H shrugged
"That's what I'm trying to find out. I was told by a woman to track down this man and kill him. It would lead me closer to my masters killer."
she looked at Xia
"I don't know if there is anyone with the information I'm looking for, IF there is I wouldn't know where to begin to find out"

"Well, why don't you start with the woman who set you on this path?" Xia suggested, as the waitress walked up to her with a huge pate of food, in which Xia's only description of it would have been a fricking mountain. The waitress placed the plate on the table in front of Xia, and Xia's change. Xia raised her hand to the waitress. "Keep the change." She said to the waitress as she picked up the plate, and rose to her feet. "I'm sure Riastrad wouldn't mind you coming along with us." She said to H.
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Memoire bowed.
"Understood. Stay in your room. Firstly, it will prevent you causing unnecessary problems and secondly for your own safety."
He left the room.

An hour passed.
Then another. The sounds of the party were still going strong, despite the time that had passed. The sun was shining merrily. It was a beautiful day.
Then, there was a very, very light creak. Then another. Like someone was trying to move around above Lavina's head without being heard.
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:09 pm

H was silent for a moment
"I guess that would be a good place to start"
she looked at Xia
"I've never traveled with anyone other then myself"
she pondered for few seconds
"Are you sure he wouldn't mind"

Leah was slightly appalled that he told her to stay in her room just before he left. She huffed
"Unnecessary problems? am I that problematic?"
She turned dropped on her bed
"I wonder what he is up to"
she sighed and laid back on bed placing her arm over her eyes. Everything was quiet and she took in the sounds around her from the balcony doors being open she could hear the birds chirping, turtle doves cooing, leaves rustling as a slight breeze passed from time to time. Everything was soo peaceful and quiet until she heard a noise above her. She moved her arm away from her eyes and let them focus a bit
"Who's there?"
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

There was silence.
Then a blur moved in from the balcony, flying up to the rafters, and there was the sound of a scuffle.
A moment later, two bodies fell onto Lavina's bed, narrowly missing her legs - Memoire and an elf with dark facepaint and hatred in his eyes, each wrestling for control of a curved dagger.
A moment later, the elf had bounded out of Memoire's grip and lunged straight for Lavina, blade raised to strike, only to Memoire to flicker from the floor to in front of the princess so that when the strike came it entered Memoire's chest, not hers. Blood spurted from Memoire's front and ran down his chin, but he still firmly brought his knee up into the assassin's chin, slamming his brain against the back of his skull and knocking him out. As the elf slumped, Memoire collapsed at the end of Lavina's bed, wheezing and gasping, more crimson wetness pooling around him.
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 3:05 pm

Lavina screamed from being startled when the fell onto her bed. She backed herself towards the head of the bed to move away from them. When the man charged towards her with the dagger she moved her arms up to try and block the attack but Memoire had jumped in front of the blade
"MEMOIRE!!"
Next thing she knew the man was laying on the ground out cold and Memoire was bleeding out from his chest. She waved her hand and several vines were suddenly wrapped around the man pulling him towards the wall keeping him from moving in case he woke up. Lavina crawled over Memoire and went to place her hand over the wound around the dagger but hesitated. She knew medicine but she was afraid if she removed the dagger it would do more damage then good. She started to panic the only thing she knew to do
"GUARDS!!!!"
She looked down at Memoire
"Don't move just stay with me, we will get you fixed up I promise"
Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Xia looked over her shoulder at H and smiled slightly. "He'll be fine with it." Xia replied, as she turned and made her way back up to the room. She knocked on the door once before entering, while she said: "I hope you're decent." to Riastrad.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Power   First Power - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Power

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next