HomeSearchLatest imagesStaff List & InfoRegisterLog in
Welcome to TBRP, Guest! It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:16 am
Remember to check the archives for old Roleplays/Roleplay Segments.
Always check the announcements, help sections or archives for the information you require before messaging an Admin or Moderator.
TBRP Facebook
Check out our Facebook page here
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hello there everyone
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 7:22 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» Salutations
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:55 am by Lullabye

» -RP- Earth's Pawns (Reboot)
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» Anti-Fractal Academy
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:05 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» TBRP Changelog
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:03 pm by Crazy Potato

» First Power
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:05 pm by Miss Elegent Serenity

» -RP- cælum vs inferno (a war brought upon earth)
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 11:55 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» TBRPAdmin Account
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 am by TBRPAdmin

» Mascot Name Voting Thread!
The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

Most Viewed Topics
-RP- Earth's Pawns (Reboot)
-RP- Bellatrix (Part 1)
-RP- cælum vs inferno (a war brought upon earth)
~Bellatrix ~ (reboot)
-RP- Chaos and Order
United We Stand, Divided We Fall [Reboot]
First Power
-RP- United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Part 1)
~Bellatrix ~ (reboot)
-RP- United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Part 2)

The Hunted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

The Hunted - Page 5 Empty
Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:43 am

Paige sighed
"If i do go no one will hurt me?"
she closed her eyes for a moment then opened them
"I don't know what to do, part of me says to go while the other says to stay"
she shook her head
"I'm just soo confused all i wanted to was come to work and help my patients, I didnt expect all of this"
she gestured all around her
Back to top Go down
http://dubtopian-review.eu/groups/tbrp-group/
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Roy sighed deeply when Kay Linn walked out of the room.
"Oh, joy...she's gonna make things harder for me. It figures that the first runner I bump into after all this time would be someone who's already convinced they're gonna die. Just my luck."
After muttering under his breath for a while, Roy noticed Lilly walking into the room and turned towards her.
"Hey, Lilly. Just a heads-up, I'll be staying in room--"
He then noticed the two strangers in the room with her and stopped in his tracks. He didn't want the two of them to know which room he was staying in.
"Oh, uh, never mind. I'll see you around."
He stood up, walked over to the front counter, picked up the key to room 117 on his own and went back to his room to sleep for the night.

What the voice said next was definitely a surprise for Yeager.
"Very good. I will be there personally to finish our transaction, mister Yeager."
He didn't say anything, but Yeager's face seemed almost shocked to hear this. The person he was dealing with, whose real name he didn't even know, was personally coming to pick up the weapons. Yeager thought for sure that he would just send some of his men to pick it up. What was so important about these weapons, anyhow? The transaction would take place in just a few hours, so he didn't have much time to find the answers.
"Well...we would be glad to have you as a guest, of course! I will make the proper arrangements right away."
The voice said one last thing before abruptly ending the conversation.
"The only preparations I care about are the ones that will end with me acquiring those weapons."
When the person on the other line hung up, Yeager put his phone away and leaned back in his chair. His bodyguard noticed how troubled he looked.
"Is there anything you'd like me to do, sir?"
Yeager nodded.
"Take one of those weapons down to the lab. See what the good doctor can find out in the short time we have left."
Yeager had planned to do this anyhow, but the end of that conversation gave him even more of a sense of urgency.
"Yes, sir. Right away."
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Enigma
Gold
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 2:09 am

Virgil walked slowly towards the two young people still inside the hospital, whistling a cheery tune as he did so.

"Well, since that girl is likely dead by now, I suppose that just leaves me to help you two." He said, as he exhaled a deep sigh.

Virgil lost himself in thought for a moment before continuing on.

"I would have liked to save her - but that is my one rule. I only save those that ask to be helped."

Virgil approached Vulture and turned on his heels toward Vyse.

"The young lady has already asked for my help, whether she meant it or not, it counts, but that does leave you."

"Oh-" Virgil interrupted his own speech.

"You're welcome." He said almost snidely, as he tossed the hospitals main alarm trigger onto the floor.

"Though I could've just gone and gotten your machete."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Hunter (Aliases include "The Hunter", "The Cowboy Cannibal")
Sex/Gender: Male
Affiliation: Non-Affiliated
Weapons: Buck knife with a serrated edge on the back.
Ability/Affinity: Ability thief, complete atomic separation. Hunter has the ability to clone the abilities of those he faces. Though his abilities may differ in some fashion, as the clone is usually corrupted and imperfect.

Currently, he has three absorbed powers.

His complete atomic separation ability, which allows to him to scatter your body into the atoms it is composed of, which he took from a healing-type runner.

Titanic strength, which he absorbed from a "hulk" type runner he had slaughtered.

And finally, telepathy, though entirely uncontrolled and not as his own will to be controlled, which he took from a "psychic" type runner.

Hunter does not pick and choose which abilities he clones, his power simply picks at random.

Special characteristics: Hunter is a complete and utter psychopath, and hell-bent on gutting Virgil and devouring his flesh. Hunter is an avid cannibal, and any victim of his bloodlust can expect to become dinner. Hunter is driven insane by even the slightest amount of loud noises, and as such, his telepathy drives him to kill insatiably.

Appearance: Hunter wears the attire of the wild west in the United States. Hat, vest, and all. His knife's handle is covered in tally marks from each person he has killed.

------

The scent of blood seemed to be ever present on Hunter, which made sense, considering he was covered in it, head to toe. His visage was that of a nightmare, truly, and those who saw him knew immediately to turn tail and run. They were never fast enough though.

Hunter would smile, bits of human flesh stuck in his teeth, and beckon them closer.
'Why hello, my friend'. Those were the last words they would hear before the 10" blade pierced through their gut, and Hunter's teeth sunk in.

--

Hunter stood in the middle of the street, holding a severed woman's head by her hair, the dark red blood creating a small trail as he walked on.

"Another one bites the dust.." He laughed at his own joke only too much.

Hearing the approaching sound of a sprinting man, Hunter turned on his heels to find the decapitated woman's husband.

The husbands eyes immediately showed immense shock, the kind of shock that one never recovers from. Hunter figured he would help this man's new problem.

Hunter swung the woman's head like a flail, his immense strength making it more like a wrecking ball. As the two heads connected, all anyone would have seen was a burst of vibrant red, and a soft grey. Hunter licked his lips of the brain matter and other gore. In his hand all he held was the hair of the woman attached to a thin layer of scalp.

He dropped the scalp and looked down towards the ground to find the now crushed skull of the woman's husband, which no longer seemed to be anything more than a pile of organic mush on the ground. His knife plunged deep into the man repeatedly, vigorously, gleefully. He began to laugh shrilly, before plunging the knife one last time and split the man open. Hunter searched through the corpse, finding the tastiest looking organs, and wrapped them in wax paper and dropped them into his bag.

Turning his eyes back towards the city, Hunter's face turned very serious.

"I'm coming for you, Virgil Thomas. I'm going to hack you up into tiny little pieces.. this is your fault.. your fault.. YOUR FAULT!"

Hunter continually repeated 'your fault' as he walked down the street, blood staining the ground around him as it dripped from his clothes. Hunter stopped his chanting momentarily to take a large bite out of the man's heart.

"Oh, how delicious.."

Last edited by Enigma on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:04 am

"Then go back, help your patients, and make your decision tonight. You have the card, feel free to call us any time you want."
James raised his hands in supplication.
"There's literally no pressure at all on you, madam. If you decide you want our help, call. If you don't, then you don't. Just stay out of trouble, keep living a normal life and I'm certain you'll do fine."
He turned. "Come on Maul, we're going to get a new car."
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:29 am

Paige gave a slight bow
"I'll think over it while I'm working and have an answer at the end of my shift"
she turned and headed back into the hospital. She stopped in the cafeteria on her way back to the room she was in and grabbed a dinner roll. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer
Back to top Go down
XAether
XAether

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted    The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 5:45 am

Name: Shuuya Kisaragi (終夜如月)
Affiliation: Runner
Weapons: None
Abilities:
Illusion:  Can change what people around him see and show them something different, but he can only use it on himself, means he cannot change appearances of others etc.
Captivation: Can draw peoples' attention, regardless of their preferences in tastes or interests.
Concealment: Can divert perception towards objects and even people within 2 meters of himself and/or his surroundings, rendering them invisible. Conversation while being hidden also won't be heard by outsiders. Physical contact, however, breaks the effect, so it isn't useful in very crowded places.
Appearance: Half-Asian (Japanese), Half-Caucasian. Mid-length black hair, pale skin, red eyes when using abilities, hazel eyes when not using abilities. Usually wears a black t-shirt, red jacket, and dark grey/black jeans. Constantly listens to music, resulting in not paying attention when people are talking to him.

"~~Yaaaawn~~"
Shuuya stretched his back as he woke up from his afternoon nap. He took caution while sneaking out of the house, making sure that he didn't wake up his unknowing hosts. He had been on the run since he was eight when his parents sent him to a boarding school. Though he hated the boarding school, he didn't dislike learning, so he would sneak into schools to learn while also practicing his ability to conceal his presence. By doing this, he was able to completely master his ability, "Concealment" by the time he was ten.
One day, when he was eleven, he tried to reverse his ability. Instead of concealing himself, revealing himself to the world. A, "Captivation" he called it. He was able to sneak into people's houses without them noticing, and made sure to not take anything he didn't need, but he wanted to try something. He would reverse his power and make captivate people, in an attempt to cause a bit of chaos. He would then conceal himself and steal some food... or clothes... or electronics...

"I may be homeless, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to some sort of luxury." He said, in an empty monologue.

Four years later, now age 15 and nearing his 16th birthday, Shuuya managed to combine his two powers into "Illusion". He would change himself into anyone that had access to large amounts of money. Cashiers, bank tellers, event he occasional drug dealer, and he would steal about ten dollars each time. He had a couple of run-ins with Agents, but he was always able to get away. After amassing enough money to get buy for the next six months, Shuuya decided that he was bored of his current life. He wanted more, not even more money, he just wanted more to happen in his life.

With his new goal in his mind, Shuuya went to the airport, closed his eyes and pointed at a map, determining his next destination.

"Looks like my life's about to get a lot more interesting." he said with a smirk as he walked towards the gate.

Last edited by XAether on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 5:47 am

James couldn't help but notice Maul's eyes followed Paige's rump as she walked away.
"Hate to see them go, but love to watch them leave, right?"
"Shut up."

Back at the most local Control base, Maul and James had barely enough time to drop a customary "Detail-Drop" report to their boss before they were called in to the main update booth.
"What's the sitch?"
"...You really have to stop watching Kim Possible."

All jokes vanished the moment the reports came up.
"Someone's going after Runners," the grey-haired always-stolid head of operations told them grimly. "And whatever they want they want something big."
"People going after Runners? Tell us something we don't know," Maul joked, only to clam up after a glare.
"Well, whoever this is takes the organs of their victims. And that's not the messed up part - the deaths are completely unsolvable." Images flashed onto the screens in front of them, multiple men and women with a knife or weapon sticking out of each of their chests. "There's no fingerprints, no sign that the weapons were stabbed, more like thrown. But there's no evidence of anyone being anywhere near their homes and the weapons can't have been fired from a gun or crossbow, there's no residue of any sort. These people just turn up in their own homes, walking the street, wherever, dead with a blade in their chests. Next thing we know, when we find them their organs are missing."
"Who the hell would want Runner organs?" James wondered.
"Better question. What would they plan on doing with them? I've only got one theory that holds up - someone's trying to figure out what makes Runners tick. And then they're going to replicate them for more money than I have numbers."
"So what's our action?"
"First off, the pair of you are automatically banned from any field work. You're now potential targets, I don't want your blood on my hands."
"And as for the other Runners out there?" Maul asked. The boss and James looked at each other.
"Look. We're overworked tracking down Runners that have made their stances clear, and now this... this is too much. We can't go around protecting every Runner we know about, half of them would attack us on sight. I know that isn't going to sit right with you but -"
Maul had already stormed out.
"James -"
"I'm on it sir."
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:06 am

Raye found Marshal snoring in their new car. He got in and started it, waking his partner with the rumble of the engine.
"Took long enough. Did you get what we need?" Marshall asked irritably.
"We have a lead. Something that's even worse than whatever happened at I9." He took a deep breath. "Someone has a bioweapon. It was originally made in I9 but got sent over to Russia. We need to go and see if they can still account for all of their stock. If they can't we'll need to make sure we retrieve it before someone weaponizes it and uses it." He put the car in drive and tore down the road heading for the airport.

Name: Elin Trin
Sex: Female
Affiliation: ???
Ability: Teleportation
Weapons: Twin Pistols
Appearance: Look a lot like a church cosplay.
Spoiler:

"Is he gone?" The girl asked from the other room.

Name: Sherry 'Sherlock' Thom
Sex: Female
Faction: Runner/Control Resource (Runners can come to her for shelter/info Anyone playing as Control can use her to gather info on something. Just send me the rough outline of what you want in a PM either on here or through Skype)
Affinity: Electronics Ability: Travel through wired communications
Weapons: Stun gun and tonfa
Appearance: Shoulder length raven hair, bangs covering her eyes, glasses, green eyes, wears a sweater and comfortable sweatpants.

"Yes, he's gone. You can come out now." Sherlock said as she sat in her chair. She looked at the computer screen and yawned.
"Is he always so informal?" Elin asked as she shifted into the room.
Sherlock jumped at the sudden nearness of the voice. "I hate when you do that." She told the Porter with a sigh. "And yes, he is. I told you about us didn't I?"
"You did. But... I don't know. I didn't think people could be romantic in fluid ways like that. My mother and father don't behave like that. They're always so tense around one another."
"Well, not everyone has that rigid structure that forces them to try to put on a show for others. The marriage was arranged between them, wasn't it?"
Elin nodded her head once. "It was. But... If Father would just... Let his work not be in control of him. I think they'd get along better."
Sherlock sighed. "His job is very demanding. I don't really know what to say about this." It was a regular topic between the two of them. Sheltered Elin and her Work-Oriented Father. And her Mother was Nun to boot. It wasn't the easiest life for a young child. The problem was that Sherlock never had any real way of talking to her about the tension at home when the three of them were actually around together.
The silence fell between the two of them awkwardly. "So, how did he like the present you gave him?" She asked in an attempt to change the subject.
"I'm pretty sure he liked it. After all, he is fond of space stuff." Elin seemed to be struggling to find words to say the next part. Sherlock waited patiently. "He...He patted me on the head." She said finally. Tears came to her eyes and her face turned red.
Sherlock smiled and let her express her happiness. "I'm glad. What brings you to America so suddenly? Normally you give me notice of when you'll be in the country."
"I-I'm...sorry." She said wiping at her face. The tears wouldn't stop coming. It was really embarrassing. "Father sent me over here on a mission. He sent me to look for a special Witch." She took a picture out of one of the pockets on her coat and unfolded it gently. Her general treatment of the piece of paper would be what someone might consider odd, especially since the person's photograph was that of her target. If you knew her though, her treatment of the photograph represented her feelings for her Father and the things he gave her.
Once it was fully unfolded she showed it to Sherlock. The man in the photo was an albino and had a large sword strapped to his back.
"Matthew calls him Doctor."
"Doctor? So is Matthew with you?" Elin nodded, tears still running down her cheeks. "You know, he has a crush on you."
Elin's eyes opened in amazement. "R-Really?"
Sherlock gave her a knowing smile.

Back aboard Forgotten, River let out a weary sigh as she sat on the bridge with Thompson and a couple other members of her crew. "So how much longer until we're ready for Yeager?"
"Last crate is being offloaded now." Thompson replied. "Are you absolutely sure you want to give him all of it? I don't trust him."
"You don't trust anybody, remember?" The other crew sniggered at the comment. Thompson bristled at the jab.
"With good reason too. You know the lot we associate with just as well as I."
"I do. But we're still giving all of it away. Even the stuff we hid in the aux tanks." Thompson simply shook his head.
"Don't be surprised when they gas us with that shit."
"That's what I have you for, Tommy. They can't hit what they can't see."
Joking aside and the offloading complete River took the satellite phone from the charger by her chair. Dialing Yeager's number she hit send.
"Hey, we're all ready. Send your people over." Then she hung up the phone.

Picking a room at random she entered and closed the door behind her. Turning the lock and doing up the chain and then for good measure froze both in place. The room was arrayed in a set up used by multi national hotel companies. Designed for ease and functionality while being cozy at the same time. Kaylin didn't really care about any of that though. She walked over to the bed and fell backwards onto it, arms spread out and stared up at the white ceiling. It wasn't that she wasn't glad to have found another Runner. She just wasn't ready to trust other people again. No matter who they were. Maybe he was a nice person, helpful and kind. But... well, so she did trust him somewhat. And would probably have given more of a chance to the two of them, but the man and his daughter had come in. There was a calculating look in the man's eye. He saw the world with a different lens than most other people. And the way his gaze had felt on her had been... Disturbing.
She sighed. Perhaps it wasn't his fault. He could just be looking out for the girl. But still, you learned to go with your gut in this life. Something about him made her uneasy and that was something she'd trust.

Vulture closed her eyes and focused her thoughts through the pounding in her head and the pain in her side. "Y-yeah. Didn't think of that. Not easy to think when your head feels like a cotton ball." A deep sigh, slightly pained followed by a thin smile without any emotion behind it. "Maybe you could help us get out of here?" She asked Virgil looking up from the wheelchair where she did her best to hide the axe. The bright red and yellow weapon would be hard to miss if they tried making their way through the hospital itself. She took her hand away from her side and looked at the palm. It was a light shade of red.
"Well that's not good. I'm bleeding. Probably that whole sprinting thing." Her face twitched as she began to put pressure on the wound.
"So, mister Time Lord, how about we get out of here. Go somewhere a bit nicer. Or were you waiting for the pyromancer to come back?"

Ignis entered the house and proceeded to where the lifeless body sat on the couch. There was relatively little blood and the body was still intact. He was efficient, just like before. Knew exactly how to hit to kill the first time. Something boiled up inside of her. She had been too long without an assignment and she had never realized teh toll it took on her pysche. One second she was examining the body with a detached emotion and the next her gear was splattered with blood, her axe dripping with it. Her breaths came in heavy pants that fogged up the plastic visor. At her feet lay the mangled corpse of the victim. With no control over her own body she felt herself heft the axe one more time and brought it down, severing the spinal cord just below the thoracic cavity. A snap filled the air and the two halves of the body lurched apart an inch.
Pulling the blade from the floor she slipped it back into her belt and walked back outside where the man was waiting. She sat down on the step, eyes wide, breathes in frightened gasps. What happened? Why did I... Why would I? Her mind repeated to itself in order to keep her thoughts in some form of fragile order so that the destructive nothingness of a lack of an explanation would not tear her to shreds.
Her mask had completely fogged up by this point, the world outside was nothing more than hazy outlines. For her own sanity she brought one blood covered gloved hand up to her mask and slide the selector down. The mask cleared in an instant as the stored air flowed into the mask with each breath she took. The hissing of seals and the pressure of the oxygen entering her system slowly began to calm her down. But her gaze was transfixed to the blood her glove had left behind on her mask. She couldn't look away from it or past it. Slowly she sank into a shocked period where she simply breathed oxygen and not a single thought entered her mind beyond the simple act of taking air into her lungs and then letting it out.
Her actions had shocked and terrified her.
Back to top Go down
pizzanerd1
pizzanerd1
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 am

"Ohh yeah, I forgot about you." Vyse said as he looked from Vulture to Virgil. He rolled aside the wheelchair and said "So let's get out of..." just as the door to the hospital room began to knock.

"I wonder who that is, maybe it's the girl scouts selling cookies. I did see one down in the ER on my way in." As he opened the door and showed the nurse Paige outside. Vyse smiled as he said "Hey there, you wanna come in and chat for a bit?"
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Paige handed him a plate with the dinner roll on it
"Im just bringing this by as promised, I wouldnt be doing my job if I didn't make my patients happy"
she smiled then looked from one to the next
"Is everything ok?"
Back to top Go down
Heizengard
Heizengard
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Juror 13 heard the woman sit down behind him and he turned his head to look at her. He noticed she was trembling and was covered in blood though he didn't care why she was. She was just another person to him after all. He turned to her and took out a rag from his jacket. "Here use this to wipe off the blood. We already get enough attention by how we're dressed." Juror 13 Removed his mask after handing her the rag and lowered his hood. His face looked as if he was a broken man with heavy dark bags under his emotionless eyes. "Once you're done toss that rag away. I've heard of a bed and breakfast I want to scope out. If you're going to continue following me you need to look less suspicious." Juror 13 put his mask and his bat inside of a black garbage bag and tossed it over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
XAether
XAether

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 2:09 pm

"The plane has now landed. Thank you for flying with us."

"~Yaaawn~" Shuuya woke up several hours later on the plane he had decided to stowaway on. Though the flight was only three hours, he still felt refreshed after his nap. He took extra caution to get out of the plane last, using his ability to its utmost potential. He found it strange that his ability never made him tired, but usually resulted in the people under the effects of his powers becoming tired or drowsy.

Shuuya walked outside of the terminal, looking around for anything that would catch his eye. Deciding that the possibility of anything interesting being directly outside the airport, he decided to use "Captivation" to hail a taxi.

Immediately before he had the chance to do so, he saw two suspicious tall men in black suits looking around. Suspiciously.
Back to top Go down
MateusseDarkslight
MateusseDarkslight
Onyx
Onyx

MateusseDarkslight>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 12:49 am

Maul was typing in the exit code when James caught up with him.
"Maul, you can't do this."
Maul twisted round. "You're asking me to sleep at night knowing that every single Runner out there could be getting murdered for their organs? Too many die already but this... we KNOW about it. We can STOP it. We can-"
James cut him off.
"Don't bullshit me. This is about the girl, isn't it? That's the thing with you, it's always about the girl."
"She's innocent. She doesn't deserve killers stalking her. You know her power, they're probably sizing her up right now."
James put a hand over his head.
"Ok, Maul. Ok. I tell you what. We put surveillance on her house. You know, the usual rounds. I can make that happen. Will that make you stay put?"
Maul hesitated. "But what about the other Runners? Do we just leave them to die?"
"Chances are most other Runners are prepared to use their powers to defend themselves. She isn't. If the others can't defend themselves, that's not our problem. She's the weakest possible target right now. Therefore, she requires the most protecting."
Maul couldn't argue with that logic. "Ok, fine. And you promise you'll see it done?"
"I promise."
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Enigma
Gold
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:43 am

Virgil shrugged, tapping his forward in thought.

"As I said. Unless she asks, I won't do anything for her."

Virgil seemed to have a quizzical expression on his face as he made odd motions.

"I can't seem to..."
"Hmm...."
"Maybe if.."

Virgil stopped making the motions and looked around.

"This is odd. I can't seem to use my powers. Perhaps it has something to do with this location?"

Virgil took a few steps to his left, tried again, and continued this for a good 10 feet.

"No.. that doesn't seem to be-"

"YOUR FAULT!"

The voice boomed in Virgil's head as an expression of pure terror spread across his face.

"No..It can't be...that voice"

"I'm coming for you Virgil.. wouldn't you like to join your wife and daughter?"

Virgil gripped his head and collapsed to the ground as Hunter's booming laughter became overpowering. After a moment, Virgil looked back up, having pushed Hunter out of his mind. His connection to the time tears seemed renewed once again.

Virgil looked over to the injured girl with a smile.

"Well little miss - Did I ever catch your name? I tend to be rather forgetful. Anyway, where would you like to take our vacation? I could get a beach house, a high rise hotel, anything you can think of. That way at least we can have somewhere to think and plan our next move, safely. And yes, Oscar the grouch, you're welcome to join as well."

Virgil turned over to the cafeteria worker and smiled.

"You're welcome to join as well if you ever decide you no longer feel safe."
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Yeager hung up the phone, having received Captain River's message. He then looked over to his subordinate.
"That was the good captain. It seems that our package is ready, have it picked up immediately. I'll leave the south gate open so you can get it inside the compound right away."
The man nodded and went to work. Yeager turned his chair over to a nearby intercom.
"Doctor, are your people in the lab ready?"
A female voice on the other side of the intercom responded.
"Yes, of course."
She hesitated, unsure of whether to say anything else.
"These weapons...are they really as dangerous as I've heard? I heard some of the guys talking, and..."
Yeager cut her off, not to be rude but to keep her focused on her job.
"Well, I suppose that's your little mystery to figure out, isn't it? Just don't misfire one of the things, alright?"
There was silence for a few moments.
"Boss...are you sure about this? Don't you think we're getting in over our heads?"
Yeager let out a deep sigh.
"Getting...? No. We're already in over our heads. I still have a faint hope that this might just be another business deal, but...that seems more and more unlikely by the minute."

Name: Gerard Shepherd
Affiliation: Control
Weapons: (CLASSIFIED)
Affinity/Ability: (CLASSIFIED)
Appearance: Caucasian, short blonde hair, blue eyes, often wears glasses.

Gerard sat quietly at his desk, watching his clock. There were probably things that he should have been doing, work that he needed to get to, but he had much bigger issues on his mind. He simply watched the clock silently, patiently and intently. After some time, his assistant walked into the room, a young man in an expensive business suit. The man cleared his throat and addressed Gerard.
"Mister Shepherd, I am here to inform you that you have a meeting in 30 minutes."
Gerard simply scoffed as he looked up.
"You know what I'm going to say, don't you?"

The man nodded.
"Cancel the meeting, of course."
He then sat down across from Gerard, a smile slowly creeping across his face.
"Now that we have the official business out of the way...how are things coming along?"
Gerard replied in a dry tone.
"Exactly as planned, of course. The young Runner captain stole the weapons just as expected, those weapons ended up exactly where we wanted them to and soon we'll have everything we need."

The young assistant laughed quietly.
"I have to say, that was quite the plan you pulled off. Purposely leaking important security details...reassigning guard shifts so security was practically non-existent...anonymously informing that Runner about "the score of the century" and then finding the first supplier that the captain would go to. All to make it look like the weapons were stolen right under our noses, just so we could get them back privately without anyone else in Control realizing it. Does that about sum it up?"
Gerard nodded, his face still apathetic.
"Yes, that was the plan. Was it really necessary to review it in such painstaking detail?"

The assistant laughed again.
"Sorry...I must have gotten caught up in the moment."
Gerard stood and picked up his phone.
"If you wouldn't mind."
He motioned to the door.
His assistant got the hint.
"No rest for the wicked, huh? I should get back to work, anyhow."
As he left the room, Gerard made a call to an agent under his command. She was apparently busy as the phone went straight to voicemail, so he left a message.
"Hello, Elin? It seems that I've caught you at a bad time. You see, I have a special assignment for you. I am creating a task force to retrieve a certain...object of great importance. Call me the moment you receive this message. This mission is your top priority."
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Elin took a deep breath of the night air and then let it all out in an explosive sigh. It was late, much later than it should have been. But time spent with Sherlock always seemed to slip through her fingers. She was glad to have found a friend in the Data Runner. Her phone beeped and she looked at the screen. "One Missed Call" it said. She sighed and checked it, the number was unregistered meaning that it was either Father or the man she was working under here in America. The message he had left was straight to the point. Another sigh. Another assignment. Sometimes she wondered what life would be like not having all of this stuff to constantly occupy her time.
Her thumb was resting on the button that would dial the number but she didn't press it. A better idea, a more feasible one, came to mind. Eyes closed she focused on the office where she had first met her US Superior. Everything seemed to snap into place in her mind. There was the slight sensation of tugging, her body being pulled in several different directions at once, then her ears popped and she opened her eyes.
Suspended above the sidewalk she had been standing on was an odd crack that seemed to absorb the light around it. The rift closed up almost immediately after it had been created.
"Hello, Sir." She said to Gerard, inclining her head. "You had an assignment for me?"

"How about somewhere warm?" Vulture asked. "I always wanted to go somewhere tropical, but I was captured before I could make it there. Do not underestimate net guns. Anyway..." She looked at the hospital walls around her, the blood drying on her palm, and a smile came to her lips. "Yea, why don't we go somewhere tropical?" She looked up at Virgil, an unreadable emotion in her eyes.

Taking the cloth the man had offered her, she wiped the blood from her mask and coat as best she could. Her emotions were calming down and she could think again. A bell began incessantly ringing from behind her and she flipped the selector on her mask back to ambient air. Shutting the tank down one handed she disconnected the bottle from her mask and let the hose dangle.
"Less suspicious huh?" She asked him wearily. The helmet came off and the white hood was pulled back. Pulling on the straps to loosen the mask she pulled it from her face and then clipped it to the shoulder harness on her pack. She replaced the helmet back on her head and cinched the strap snugly.
She would have been called cute once, before someone had forced her head into a bonfire. The damage wasn't as bad as it could be, but her face was scarred badly. The pattern of the few marks seemed to almost have been calculated, as if someone had intentionally made those marks on her flesh so she would remember. Rust colored hair hung loosley down the side of her face and the brown eyes seemed dull. Standing up again she looked at Juror 13.
"A bed and breakfast? I could use some sleep."
Back to top Go down
Heizengard
Heizengard
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:56 am

Juror 13 started walking in the direction of the Bed and Breakfast. "My information tells me that it shouldn't be too far from this location, and sorry I asked you to take off your mask." After walking for about 30 minutes the two make it to the B&B.
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 1:20 pm

OOT: I'm not sure how much time has passed, but I'm assuming that Roy would still be sleeping.

Gerard groaned as he took off his glasses and looked at his subordinate.
"You really must learn how to use the door, miss Trin. Come, sit down for a moment."
He motioned to the seat on the other side of his desk. When Elin sat down, Gerard cleared his throat.
"As I said before, this mission is of the utmost importance. I am sending you out with a task force of my choosing to retrieve a cache of experimental weapons currently being held by a prominent weapons dealer in the city. I cannot stress how important it is that these weapons are retrieved, fully intact, without leaving a single one behind. I am authorizing the use of deadly force; however, eliminating the enemy is not a priority. In other words, kill whoever stands in your way but do not go out of your way to do so. All of the details you need are right here on these papers."
He hands her a few papers labeled "Top Secret."
"Of course, I expect you to burn these papers after reading this. Nobody must know of this operation. Not even other members of Control. Nobody. I hope I've made myself clear.
He stood up out of his chair.
"Oh, one last thing..."
He walked towards a nearby window and gazed outside.
"I will personally be accompanying the task force on this mission. However, do not concern yourself with my protection. I am meeting with the weapons dealer privately."
He motioned to the door.
"That will be all. We leave at 0900 tomorrow. Be sure to get some sleep, I expect only the best from you tomorrow morning."

Yeager nervously tapped his desk. He tried to be patient, but the stress of the situation was starting to wear on his nerves. After some time, he turned on the intercom again.
"Have you found anything yet?"
There was a sigh from the other side of the intercom.
"I can tell you this...the chemicals in these weapons are very powerful. I can't say how powerful yet, but we're definitely not dealing with any ordinary bio-weapons...if there is such a thing as 'ordinary' bio-weapons."
A single sweat drop formed on Yeager's head.
"Keep working on it, Doctor."
He turned off the intercom and went back to his desk.
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Paige shook her head
"I don't know what im going to do. i just need to finish my shift for the day. my patient's are relying on me"
she turned and headed out the door to continue her shift and paused at the door
"As for your offer for help, if I need it is there a way i can get ahold of you "
she looked back at Virgil
Back to top Go down
XAether
XAether

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:05 pm

Shuuya began using his ability "Concealment", diverting the Agents' attention from him to an innocent bystander.

"Sorry." He said in his head. "It's for the greater good."

The poor man that Shuuya had set as the suspicious men's target was yelling various profanities while he was being dragged away. Shuuya however, continued on his merry way into town. As soon as the men were out of sight, Shuuya used his ability of "Captivation" to draw the attention of a taxi and began to move towards the center of the city.

"~Yaaawn.~"

Shuuya awoke in the back of the taxi cab several hours later. He had accidentally fallen asleep in the back seat of the taxi and activated his ability "Concealment". He eventually managed to get out of the locked taxi cab and found himself in a residential neighborhood. Shuuya was tired, hungry, and bored. He began to walk towards the nearest building within eyesight, when he discovered a quaint, unnoticeable bed and breakfast. He decided that he would take refuge in the bed and breakfast's attic and take the leftover scraps of food before anyone could notice him. Not that they could.

As Shuuya grabbed the leftovers, which were incredibly soggy, moist, and desolate, he noticed another shadow lurking in the darkness of the kitchen. He noticed that the shadow was making its way to the same place he was. The attic. He slowly crept along the corners of the bed and breakfast, making sure that he was silent the entire way there. Once he just before the opening to the attic, he stopped.

"What if this person is just like me?" he thought. It didn't seem all that illogical. A bed and breakfast provides food and a place to stay, and very few people have valid reasons to go into their attics. With a power like his, someone could live in secrecy for their entire life. He slowly began the journey to the attic's stairs, peered up, and quietly closed the door behind him and began his ascension. Of course, he left the leftover food he took at the bottom of the steps. When he reached the top however, he was pulled forcefully, tied to a chair, and knocked out.

"~Yaaaawn~"

Shuuya awoke several hours later. Still tied to a chair. Still hungry. But not tired anymore. He looked around the attic and was thankfully able to see due to a small window near the top of the ceiling. In the corner of his eye, he could see a lock of silver hair, and just over his shoulder, he could feel someone breathing on him. He turned his head over at him to see that this someone was a girl, just about his age, maybe a year or two older. The girl looked straight into his eyes for a moment, began pacing around him, then bent towards him and said,

"Hello. It's nice to meat you. My name is Akatsuki Kisaragi, and I'm afraid you're going to have to forget about me. Big brother."

Name: Akatsuki Kisaragi (暁如月)
Sex/Gender: Female
Weapons: None
Abilities:
Amnesia: Can make people forget memories involving her, as long as those memories are at least ten minutes and less than two hours.
Anesthesia: Can shut down neural receptors in the bodies of people she is touching for up to one hour, blocking either feelings of pain or touch, and very rarely, sight and hearing.
Appearance: Caucasian, silver hair that reaches down to the center of her back, pale skin, blue eyes when using abilities, yellow eyes when not using abilities. Is currently wearing a dark grey blouse, light grey jeans,half of a crimson red jacket, and a silver glove on her left hand reaching up to her elbow.

Spoiler:

"Yeah... Probably not gonna happen." Shuuya said. Staring into his apparent sister's eyes blankly. She looked at him, her eyes constantly switching between yellow and blue, then she turned away. She crouched onto the ground covered her head with her hands.

"Oh my god... What am I going to do?!". Akatsuki's voice was quiet, but clearly showed large amounts of stress, tension, and distress. "It worked on all the other rats from the street, but why wouldn't it work on him!?" As Akatsuki was having her mini panic-attack in the middle of the attic, Shuuya was trying to figure out a way out of the ropes. Studying her rope work, he noticed that he was tied up incredibly securely, and that he would be at the mercy of his supposed younger sister until she untied him.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Enigma
Gold
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:01 am

Virgil tapped his chin for a moment before turned and quickly rummaging through his pockets.

"I forgot I had this!" He announced, pulling a cheap flip phone out of his pocket. It was a strange technology to him, but he flipped through the menu easily until he found his number.

"866-525-0834" He said, reading the numbers of the screen.
OOT: It's a random number. Don't bother calling it irl lol.

"If you need my help, just send me a...what do they call it.. a font message? No, text, text message."

Virgil scribbled the numbers down on a piece of paper and handed it over to the cafeteria worker.
"What is your name by the way? Mine is Virgil if I have yet to introduce myself."

Virgil then turned towards Vulture and Vyse and a thoughtful expression crossed his face.
"We will likely have to take a cruise out of the country - it will be difficult to conceal three people on a plane. How do the Bahamas sound to you?"

Back to top Go down
pizzanerd1
pizzanerd1
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:42 am

"That sounds great to me, i've always thought I could use a tan." Vyse said before he glanced at Vulture and said "Though you might wanna stay in your room and rest for a few days Vulture. I still think you should take it easy for a bit and give your body some time to heal."

Vyse then glanced at Paige and said "Well I hope this isn't goodbye. Who knows, maybe you can come hang out with us." as he placed a hand on Virgil's shoulder, not wanting to be left behind again
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:31 am

Paige took the paper from him and placed it in her pocket
"Thank you"
she smiled
"And my name is Paige, it was nice to meet you all and I'm sorry I can't come with you, I have patient's waiting one me and I dont want to leave them without food. Maybe we will run into each other again"
she turned and headed out the door
"Be safe"
she left the room and continued about her work
Back to top Go down
Rathalos
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Name: number 7, goes by Dante
Sex/Gender: Straight/Male
Weapons: Simple katana, the blade is about 30 inches. The sheath is wooden and worn with apparent battle scaring
Ability: Dante can bend or alter the will of others when they make eye contact with him, specifically his left eye. The amount of influence he has is determined by how strong the victims' will is (how strong his influence is will be determined by the author of the character he is interacting with however no matter how strong you feel the will of character is completely negating his power isn't an option). His influence lasts until the altered will is seen through.
Appearance:\
/Height and weight: 6ft/140lbs
Hair: Steel grey, goes down to about his eyes when straight, swept to one side
Eyes: Left eye is a vibrant orange, right eye is  a dull green
Face: tells the story of a man who rather then had everything taken away never had anything to begin with
Voice: mostly monotone, hints of a cocky attitude  
Body: Toned, slightly muscular
Clothing: white shirt, normal dark blue jeans

Characters intro

Dante slowly made his way down the empty city street careful not to make any noise, careful not to stick out, careful to look normal. Dante needed to be sure that is anyone saw him they wouldn't remember him the next day, they wouldn't have to remember him. Dantes' only dream at this point in his life was to have an uneventful day however his dreams were quickly shattered when he heard the metal gargling of an armored car quickly making its way down the street he was on. "Dammit" sighed Dante. He didn't even need to see the flag that was mounted on the back side of the car he knew who they were, who else would drive an armored car with a high powered turret mounted on the top in the middle of the city? " We'll i guess I had to deal with MWB eventually" Dante said as he slummed his shoulders and the car started to stop in front of him. The gunner quickly adjusted his aim on Dante. "Hands up" the gunner said quietly " move and I'll shoot".
  Dante sighed as he reluctantly put his hands up. The gunner then yelled to the other passengers in the car "Clear!" and three men armed with m16s, bullet proof vests, and sun glasses then stepped out of the car and took formation around Dante. "Captain Miller, why did you only bring three men to arrest me?" Dante said jokingly to the captain positioned in front of him " Because number 7 we're not not here to arrest you, we're here to kill you and the less people we have the less likely we are of getting fucked by that devils luck of yours"  said Miller angrily. "8 wants you to kill me!?" Dante said shocked. " yep, and I triple checked everything to make sure nothing goes wrong" Miller said as he pointed his rifle at Dantes' head "any last words? remember if you can offer us more money then we'll let you live and rip up our contract with 8" Miller said as he flipped the safety off. " yeah I do have last words, will you hear them?" asked Dante " of course" replied Miller. " if you went through all this trouble of making sure your plan was fool proof then why isn't your gunner wearing any eye protecting?" Dante said with a slight grin. Before any of the solders could react the gunner started firing at the two solders behind Dante. While Miller was distracted Dante quickly hit him across the face with his still sheathed katana, Millers glasses were shattered and he fell to the ground. "man you guys need a better HR department" he said while he pointed to the scene behind him in which all three solders managed to die. "you bastard" grumbled Miller as he pulled his pistol out and aimed it at Dante, but it was too late they had made eye contact Dante had gotten control and he couldn't fire. "Where is 8?" Dante asked as he made gun with his fingers and put it up to his temple " we don't know, we never met in person" calmly said Miller while he mimicked Dante by putting his pistol up to his head. "well that's too bad" Dante coldly said as he pretended to fire the gun into his head, Miller again mimicked him. Dante was about to get up leave when he heard the someone through Millers radio. Dante listened intently but there was too much static, all he could make was the name Roy and high priority target. "I wonder if this Roy guy is strong" Dante said " he must be if he is high priority". Dante again slowly started walking down the street " well Roy will you be the one who finally makes me draw my sword?" Dante said as he continued his way down the street.
Back to top Go down
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Ribbon Lover (Admin)
Ribbon Lover (Admin)

Miss Elegent Serenity>
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:29 am

Paige finished serving her patients. She helped cleaned up the cafeteria for the next shift, grabbed her purse and sweater and left for home. She only lived a few blocks from the house so it only took her about 15 min to get home. She was tired from her day and wanted to get something to eat and relax for the evening. She got to her door steps and pulled out her keys, unlocked the door and entered her apartment, tossing the keys onto the table she leaned her back against the door and sighed
"What a day"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunted

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TBRP - Text Based Role-Playing :: Other :: Archive-