HomeSearchLatest imagesStaff List & InfoRegisterLog in
Welcome to TBRP, Guest! It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:44 am
Remember to check the archives for old Roleplays/Roleplay Segments.
Always check the announcements, help sections or archives for the information you require before messaging an Admin or Moderator.
TBRP Facebook
Check out our Facebook page here
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hello there everyone
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 7:22 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» Salutations
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:55 am by Lullabye

» -RP- Earth's Pawns (Reboot)
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» Anti-Fractal Academy
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:05 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» TBRP Changelog
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:03 pm by Crazy Potato

» First Power
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:05 pm by Miss Elegent Serenity

» -RP- cælum vs inferno (a war brought upon earth)
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 11:55 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

» TBRPAdmin Account
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 am by TBRPAdmin

» Mascot Name Voting Thread!
The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 am by Miss Elegent Serenity

Most Viewed Topics
-RP- Earth's Pawns (Reboot)
-RP- Bellatrix (Part 1)
-RP- cælum vs inferno (a war brought upon earth)
~Bellatrix ~ (reboot)
-RP- Chaos and Order
United We Stand, Divided We Fall [Reboot]
First Power
-RP- United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Part 1)
~Bellatrix ~ (reboot)
-RP- United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Part 2)

The Hunted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

The Hunted - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Roy saw a glimpse of someone he didn't recognize walking by and for some reason, his eyes were drawn to the man. But he disappeared as soon as he appeared in Roy's line of vision, so Roy just shook his head and responded to the girl who was talking to him.
"Sure, no problem."
As the girl walked away, Roy saw where she was applying pressure to a wound on the other girl's shoulder and started to do the same. He noticed a strange...cold sensation coming from the wound.
"Cold blood...that's interesting. My guess is, either you got into an accident while you were sleeping in a freezer, or you're an ice-type. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me...and the young lady who just left, hopefully."
He gave the girl a wry smile.

Yeager nodded in reply.
"Certainly, I'm always in the market for some military-grade hardware. How much are we talking? I'll buy as many as you've got on board; after a quick inspection, of course. It's standard procedure, I'm sure you understand."
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 6:58 pm

"Hopefully. I'm used to running though. Not much else I've been doing since I woke up in a room full of ice." Kaylin said her eyes closed at the slight agony. The comforting dark preferable to the artificial glare. She didn't see the man wink in and then out of existence near her but she did feel a presence in the air and looked around. "I take it you're a Runner too, judging by your clothes."

"Of course, of course. I also have a few crates of some type of rifle they were testing. Not sure if it's any good or not, but could be worth something to a rival country." River smiled slightly, knowing Yeager's reaction to her news before she even spoke. They'd done business before many times. His acting was strictly for professional reasons, and he rated as highly as any car salesman. Her grin widened, knowing that this item she picked up would get him worked up. "There's also the bioweapon. Not sure how to price that one really. The artys I'll sell to you for 185,000 a piece, I have four of them. The test weapons maybe 20,000 a crate, since I have no idea what their use will be. Now for the bio weapon... Well I'm not entirely sure I want to part with it. It's a doozy." There was a flicker at the edge of her vision, by the time she casually turned her head to see what it was, it had vanished. Knowing there was nothing to be done about it, she simply ignored it.

"I already tried that life, Sparky. Trust me, fighting against them only works for so long. If you want to keep breathing that is." She lunged forward, blade thirsting for blood. A man appeared behind the Runner and she froze in surprise for only a second, but it was long enough for the Runner to tear the machete from her hand and fling it away. Cursing loudly she charged him again, one hand prepared to strike while the other fumbled for the Skorpion in its holster at her back.

The area was lit up by light towers. Some had been set up while others were mounted on vehicles. The destruction was now plain to see. Everything within a city block radius had been scorched. It was perfectly uniform and stopped exactly one block out. Where the zone of destruction ended there was a simply black line of soot and everything past that line was normal and undamaged. There was no heat damage to anything outside of the circle, not even cracks in windows from the heat.
Marshall sat down on the bumper of the truck next to Raye. "This is a damn nightmare."
Raye nodded and took the cup of coffee his partner held out to him. "Thanks. Do they know when it'll be safe to go inside?"
Marshall shrugged. "No clue, partner. Still, they can tell me it's safe all the want. Won't keep a piece of glass from running through my boot. Knowing my luck." He laughed humorlessly.
Something or someone had done this. Regardless of what sort of research and experiments they had been conducting, this incident had been caused by magic. His grip tightened unconsciously on his wallet and the picture of Kay Lin it held. A slight ache filled his heart that he deliberately turned into anger at the demon responsible for this. "Whoever did this, I will make them pay."
A man appeared several yards away. His skin was pale, his eyes covered by cheesy aviator sun glasses and he had a sword slung over his shoulder. The man was staring directly at him.
Raye stood up drawing his pistol as he moved. He jogged across the street but by the time he had gotten to where the man had been standing he had vanished. Weapon at the ready Raye searched the area and the man didn't turn up. Could it be a magic no one's seen before? If so, was it the power that had caused this catastrophe? One person might know. "Marshall, let's go. I want to talk to Sherlock about something.
Back to top Go down
pizzanerd1
pizzanerd1
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Vyse leapt backwards, trying to create some distance from his attacker. He registered that she was a close range fighter, and has to rely on weapons like swords an such to incapacitate her target. He used his electric powers and shot the fallen machete further away, making sure her weapon of choice was further from her reach. He then smiled as he said "Hey Sweetheart, did you forget about something?" as both of the trash can lids enhanced with electricity flew towards her from behind
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Drawing the Skorpion she aimed it at Vyse then threw a quick glance over her shoulder. Seeing the spinning trash can lids flying towards her she spun narrowly avoiding the first one. Her other hand landed on the magazine to steady the weapon. She fired fro ma crouched position. The gun barked loudly as it blasted metal at lethal velocities at the Runner. The shots went wide as she felt something impact her left side hard enough to knock her over. She lay there on the ground, hand clutching her side where the lid had hit her. Pain clouded her mind but she lifted the gun again, aiming in the general direction of her opponent. She didn't know if there were rounds left in the mag, but it didn't matter. She squeezed the trigger, the gun fired a single shot and then began to click on an empty chamber. A small success though as she watched the Runner flinch from the impact.
"Got you... Lightbulb." She said through clenched teeth.
Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 4:39 pm

As Lilly walked back with her father's medical bag, she could have sworn she had seen someone in the foyer. She tilted her head slightly, then blinked a few times, thinking that she must have seen a ghost, or something of that nature.
Lilly walked back into the front room, and walked over to the girl. "I can try to get the bullet out, if you want...if not, I can clean it, and stitch the wound."
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 6:07 pm

"Should we look for an exit wound?" Kaylin asked, glancing at Roy. If the bullet had ricocheted off of her scapula it could have gone anywhere in her body. The exit wound could be in a rather private place that she didn't feel comfortable with other people prying around in, especially a guy. Painfully she took her arm out of the sleeve of her coat and sat there. "I guess you could feel along the back of my shoulder." She said swallowing a little nervously, a slight heat coming to her face. "Miss... uh."

Name: Ignis
Sex: Female
Allegiance: Control
Weapons: Pick Headed Axe
Spoiler:

Will post an intro tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 am

"I'm sorry...my name is Lilly Weston." Lilly introduced herself, as she walked over to the chair. She pulled out what looked like small pliers from the medical bag, which had 'Weston' burned into the leather. "I know what I'm doing." She said to reassure the girl. "If I cannot find the exit wound, I'll just clean and stitch it." She explained, as she searched for an exit wound. "My mother and I used to do this for my father and uncle."
Back to top Go down
pizzanerd1
pizzanerd1
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Vyse fell back and shuttered in shock as his attacker pulled the trigger on her gun as she laid on the ground. He grabbed his left arm where his left arm was grazed by and kicked aside one of the fallen trash can tops. There was no was he could stop a bullet moving at such a velocity, but he was barely able to redirect it so it didn't kill him.

Vyse slowly got to his feet and walked over and yanked the gun out of her hand. He then opened the chamber and spilled all the used rounds onto the ground. He then pocketed the gun and said "You know, I just don't get you. The higher ups say all us Runners are bad and should be dead. If thats the case, how long till they find you expendable?"

With a slight amount of difficulty he forced his assailant onto her back and began checking her for extra weapons. He found some spare ammo for the gun he confiscated, but nothing else. He put everything he took into his pockets and sat beside her and said "What do you think they'll do with you now? I can tell that your hurt just by looking at your face, don't try and deny it. I'd wager the people who told you to hunt me would see this as a golden opportunity to get rid of you while they have the chance."

Vyse stood up, clutching his bleeding arm and said "People say something can't be done when they fail at something. That way when they quit they feel good when they throw in the towel. If you want to roll over and accept defeat, be my guest."
Back to top Go down
Autumn
Autumn
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Character Info/Bio
Name:Clyde Wiggams
Sex/Gender:Male/Male
Affiliation:Agent
Weapons: SIG P220 pistol (.45ACP, 8rnd mag), SIG 556 SWAT rifle (30rnd mag, fold-able stock), Flash Grenades x 3
Appearance: Race:Caucasian;Height: 5' 9'';Hair:Brown, Medium Length;Beard: 5-o-clock shadow;Clothes:White T-shirt, Black jacket lined with body armor, Dark Blue Jeans, Combat vest

Note: Thanks to the characters below's ability, the combat vest and the SIG 556 rifle are concealed from plain sight whilst remaining on Clyde's person. The Combat vest holds the flash grenades, 5 30rnd magazines for the 556, and 3 8rnd magazines for the P220.

Character Info/Bio
Name:Maple Wiggams
Sex/Gender:Female/Female
Affiliation:Control
Weapons: Paintball gun (Dye DM13)
Ability/Affinity:
Perception Manipulation: This ability grants it's user the power to change how something appears to others around the changed object. This could include the object color, size, apparent material, condition, and other such qualitative observations. The changes made by this ability are only able to change the object in questions appearance, and does not affect the properties of the object itself. For example, with this ability you could possibly make an ant appear as though it were as large as a human and blue in color, however the ant would still remain a small red ant, and in the attempt to touch the enlarged image of the ant, your hand would simply faze through the image.
Tracking: A slight ability to locate runners, this ability is able to locate a runner within a 50ft radius from the user with decent accuracy.
Appearance: Race:Caucasian; Height:3' 7''; Hair:Blond, long length; Clothes: Purple, body armor lined jacket which covers her entire body, blue t-shirt and white pants
Equipment: Backpack which contains medical supplies and tranquilizers.

Maple Wiggams is the daughter of Clyde Wiggams, and is also his "partner in crime" in the ongoing struggle against the runners. Though there partnership may appear strange to other agents, the higher ups are pleased with the results of their partnership, and are willing to allow it to continue. The duo has also kept a relatively clean killing record, and have shown that they would rather capture most of their combatants rather than kill them. Even though they are stuck in dangerous situations together, the bond between daughter and father has always remained loving and calm.

OOT: Sup, this will be my first time RPing plus my first post, will post introduction into story later. I believe that my characters fit the criteria and that we are able to indulge ourselves in jolly RPing adventures.
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

OOT: Welcome to the RP, Autumn.

Seeing how clearly uncomfortable the girl was, Roy turned his back until Lilly was done looking for an exit wound.
"Lilly Weston, huh? Then I guess it's my turn. Roy Redgrave, lovable rogue extraordinaire, nice to meet you."
He then addressed the other girl without turning around.
"How about you over there with the gunshot wound? Got a name? But more importantly...do you really think I stick out that much?"
He glanced at his own clothes with a slightly disgruntled look on his face.

Yeager was more than a little intrigued at the mention of a biological weapon. However, being the businessman he was, he didn't break his poker face for even a second. He simply smiled at River and replied.
"You know, those prices sound fair enough to me. Besides, what's a few thousand dollars between friends, right?"
He was being unusually generous by accepting those prices; he would've normally haggled with the young captain for a while. But he wanted to make a good impression today so that he could get his hands on a certain item at a good price.
"Now that we've gotten that out of the way, was there anything else you needed? A cup of coffee, perhaps? Oh, right, I believe you mentioned something about a bio-weapon. I don't see many of those around...I may even be willing to pay upwards of 250,000 for it. Not a bad deal, wouldn't you say?
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Enigma
Gold
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Virgil repeated his trip one more time to help him decide. Where would he start the game?

He continued in a large circle, walking and thinking, until finally coming to rest in an alley with two young people. Or, young by his standards anyway. One appeared to have been shot, while the other lay on the ground with what seemed to be internal injuries.

As he exited the void, he crouched down in front of the girl and looked up towards the sky. Nothing the setting sun, he snatched the shades off his own face, crushed them in his hand, and ground them under his boot.

Revealing his piercing red eyes, Virgil looked back and forth between the pair, especially towards the man seeming to get much too close to the girl.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't steal from people while I'm around."

Without mentioning what he was doing, Virgil slowed the time around the man's wound, causing the bleeding to slow, though the clotting would slow as well. This way, at least, he could get somewhere more favorable to treat it.

Virgil looked down towards the injured woman, unsure of what was wrong with her.

After some time he realized he had been staring intently at her for some time without speaking, and cracked a small smile.

"So you've turned on your own kind. I see..I can tell there is something very wrong about your existence. Space and time don't seem to know what to do about you.. I'll have to take note of that."

Virgil pulled out a small notebook and scribbled into it before standing up, allowing his large stature to be noticed, as well as the huge ceremonial sword on his back.

He looked back and forth between the injured pair before speaking.

"Do either of you children need taken to the hospital? "
Back to top Go down
Autumn
Autumn
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:33 am

Clyde walked into his office to find Maple playing with some toys on the ground along with his secretary, Alice. With him, a dozen fresh doughnuts were held in his hand. Maple looked up, saw her father, and ran towards him with a wide grin on her face, stopping as she approached her father and then looked up towards him.
Did they have 'em Daddy? Did they have the kind with the pink frosting?
Clyde couldn't help but crack a smile at his young child's hopeful eyes, who would've know pink frosting could bring so much joy?
Yes, my sweet, they had them.
Maple's eyes now shined brighter than the stars themselves, and even though it seemed impossible, her grin grew even wider. Clyde passed her one of six pink frosted donuts then plopped himself down on the office's couch, placing the doughnut box on the coffee table in front of him. Maple walked over and sat next to her father on the couch, leaning on him a small bit as she nibbled away at her precious. Alice sat on the couch as well.
Go ahead and take one if you want, Alice, and thanks for watching over Maple while I was gone.
"Thank you kindly" Alice said as she reached into the box and took a doughnut for herself.
So, what's on the agenda for today?
Alice looked at him, doing so with worry written on her face. "There's even more trouble in this town than usual today, you got a fairly large number of choices this time around." Clyde looked up and closed his eyes.
Lay them on me.
"Where should I begin," Alice begun, "First off, we've lost contact with detective Brady as he made contact with a runner. The last we heard from his call were some gunshots going off before he disconnected, doesn't look good for Brady. We're able to pin-point his location from when the call ended, however no ones been able to investigate it."
Oh? The loss of an agent is pretty important, why hasn't anyone picked up on this yet?
"That's due to most of our agents being put on the case of the I9 Mage laboratory being completely destroyed." Clyde looked suddenly at Alice with surprise.
I9 Mage was destroyed?
"That's right, burned down in a huge firestorm, we believe this also has to do with a runner, and that's not all." Clyde looked down at his daughter, who was about half finished with her doughnut. She seemed to have blocked herself from the outside world with the joy that is pink frosting, making sure to eat slowly to fully enjoy the taste. Clyde then looked back up at the ceiling, but this time didn't close his eyes.
How much more could there be?
"Well, agent Brady wasn't the only one injured in action today, four of our agents were found unconscious, and one of there weapons taken by the enemy; a Benelli M4 shotgun. The weapon wasn't present at the scene of the crime."
That's a shame, both for the officers and the gun. Those things go for about 2000 bucks.
"Speaking of guns and money, we still have that black market agent in town which has been known to work with runners. He's been here for awhile now, and it usually isn't a good sign when black market dealers stay in one place for awhile."
Is that long list of yours finally complete?
"Two more items to go, I told you it was a busy day. There's a bed and breakfast which needs a quick investigation after there have been reports of it harboring runners. The owner of this place was identified as Lilly Weston. If the rumors are true, she would have to pay back more than what we've lost with the Benelli."
What's the last case on the list?
"That has to do with the random vision of a man reported by many individuals. He has some pretty defining characteristics about him,
including being albino and appearing fairly old. Still, investigators haven't quite identified this man yet." Clyde looked back down at her daughter, who seemed to be ready to begin her second doughnut. Then, Clyde realized that there were more than just 2 doughnuts missing from the box, instead 3 pink frosted doughnuts alone were already missing. Clyde slightly regretted not paying closer attention and noticing this sooner. He reached over and pulled his daughter onto his lap before she could grab another.
You've had enough doughnuts for now, Maple.
Maple put on a sad look for a second, however that quickly changed to a curious one.
Which case are we going to take today, Papa?
Clyde realized that she was actually paying attention to the conversation the entire time, and that he should really stop under estimating Maple.
Hmm...let's see...I think I've got it, the most logical case to pick would be the investigating the Bed and Breakfast, let's go with that.
Alice looked a bit puzzled by his answer, "However, a fellow agent  of yours is thought to be dead, and there are much bigger things going on right now than the bed and breakfast, what made you decide to pick that?"
Simple, now would be the best time to do so. Runners can't run forever, they need a place to rest, especially after having a run in with agents. If there were ever a time that the bed and breakfast were harboring runners, it would be now. If there is none there, than we can pretty much rule out that the rumors are false, and if there is a runner there, then we are able to kill two birds with one stone.
Alice thought for a second, and then agreed that Clyde's thought process was actually pretty good, she got from the couch and began to walk out the door, right before she left, she turned around and said, "Good luck" and then closed the door and headed to her own office to do some paperwork. Clyde looked down on Maple and gave her a quick smile.
You ready to head out?
Maple returned her fathers smile with a smile of her own.
Mmhm!
Clyde geared up with his usual equipment and Maple then used her ability to hide it from others views. They got into a fancy black car that the agency provided for them and made there way to the inn.
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 4:53 pm

"Kay Linn." She said with a small smile. "Not really, it's probably just an eye for similarities. That odd shifting gaze of yours is kind of a plain indicator though. Your eyes hold fear, just like mine." She sighed and let her eyes shut, her mind concentrating on the hands moving on her skin. She sat there in her own dark little world that was filled with nothing but the cold and her own dark thoughts. Slowly she let the mental block evaporate and it came crashing down on her. The fear, the self hatred, all the little aches and pains of a life on the run. Her body was shaking more than normal and she put the barrier back up as good as possible. But it was less durable now than it had been before.
She thought of him then, the fire burning in his eyes. Raye was hunting for her, she knew it. When he found her he'd certainly kill her. So why was his presence so comforting?
"Finding anything?" She asked Lily.

"Slow down there tiger. So eager to buy and you don't even know what the damn thing does yet. What would you do if there was a containment breach on it?" River said as she shook her head dramatically. Well it should be fine as long as you don't let any runners in your employ come in contact with it." She brought her hands together and then apart, Boom! "You're probably thinking Non-Runners would be safe then, right? Well going by the documents that came with it and some test footage, there's no way to tell what'll happen to regular humans. Possibly nothing, maybe a agonizing, painful, blood-spewing death. Or perhaps they'll be completely changed forever. Think werewolf, except there's no going back."
River waited a few moments to let what she had said sink in. "So basically we're talking globe spanning loss of life in the billions. If we unleash it. Still wanna buy?" There was a smirk on her face and a look of insanity in her eyes despite her casual speech.

The man stood over her and she looked up at his towering frame. The Runner that had taken her weapon stood a few feet away, he seemed taken aback by the man's sudden appearance. The pain in her body didn't seem too bad, but she knew better than to move at the moment. She knew she was losing blood, and a lot of it. Her breathing was growing shallower and she felt her body growing cold.
"I...I... I'm going to die anyway. Why bother taking me to a hospital?" Grunting and gasping in pain she managed to sit up and let her back rest against the cold wall.
"Look, just make sure you stay away from Control. You have to stay away from their labs. I dunno, kill yourself if you have to. It's better than them taking you. The experiments, the dissections the research. DO you know how many mornings I woke up strapped to a metal table, my body cut open and men with masks poking around my insides." Vulture started to cry, her stomach was growing warm and she knew that it was from her blood as the rest of her body grew colder and colder. She was shaking now. "You have no idea. No idea at all. I-I don't want to go back. Never again. I don't want them to touch me anymore. Keep them away! No! NO! STOP! Stop it hurts! IT HURTS! STOOOOP!" Her eyes seemed to focus on a point somewhere in the distance and she began to thrash and flail wildly as she hallucinated. "Someone....Someone please. Help me."

Ignis walked down the street, getting odd looks from the few pedestrians at this hour. Her breath fogged her face piece as she walked making her vision blurry. She didn't mind though, being used to the partial obstruction. The tank on her pack shifted with each step and she tightened the straps with both hands.The shifting lessened and she kept on walking. All in all her gear weighed a good 20 pounds, but she had worn it for so long that it hardly felt like any weight at all. The axe head was a constant pressure on her side where the belt kept it in place. She moved calmly, closed off to the world in her firefighter gear.
At one point in her history she had been one, a firefighter that is. It was a good life truth be told. Until her station was destroyed by an insane Runner. With vengeance clouding her mind she had gone to the nearest Control branch and signed up. Once she had passed their training it was a simple task to take her bunker gear to the scientists and ask them to improve it. They did so and she became the first Agent to ever be designated as a Pyromancer Specialist. The fire resistive nature of her coat and pants had been upgraded to an insane degree to withstand blasts of fire for a longer period of time. Still she went through several outfits depending on how many missions she had on a particular week.
And now with the destruction of I9 she had been deployed to track down the Runner responsible.
The odds of her finding them just wandering the streets was astronomically low, but you never knew. The weirdest shit could happen sometimes, just depended on the day. A holographic display popped up on her HUD. The ambient air temperature was rising slowly.
The hell? I'm going away from the destroyed area. Why on Earth is the temperature going up? Unless...
She began to jog and watched her gauge as she went. It was probably just a glitch, god knew that this new gear was full of glitches and bugs. The only consolation was that every time she reported having an issue with it it got one step closer to become regular issue gear to Fire Fighters.
She rounded a corner and saw him there, the man seemed to be steaming in the night air and there was a wall of shimmering heat surrounding him. He was the one then. No doubt about it. The axe was easily pulled from its place in her belt. Brandishing the weapon she approached the man, her experiences in the past making her cautious.

"I think I'll just wait out here. I don't like it in there." Marshall said as they came to the apartment door. Raye knew he disliked meeting Sherlock, he'd never admit it but Marshall seemed to have a slight issue with the girl. It probably had something to do with his upbringing and the cultural enforcement of gender roles. He couldn't really be blamed for it, but it definitely gave him something to blame when dates fell through.
"I'll be out soon. You won't have to wait long." Raye told him clapping his partner on the shoulder.
"You always say that then hours later here I am asleep in this hallway." Marshall ushered him forward. "If you need me I'll be down in the lobby." He vanished around a corner and the chime of the elevator followed his disappearance.
"Hey, Sherlock! I have something I need to ask you." Raye said as he pounded on the door. He kept on pounding until he heard the lock turn. The scrabbling of the chain could be heard and the door opened somewhat.
"What? What the hell do you people want? How many times do I have to tell you to fuck off before you get the message!" The young woman said as she opened the door. Raven hair fell down to her shoulders and her bangs covered her eyes. Glasses seemed to intensify the stare from her green eyes. Her clothing was nondescript and covered a rather well developed build for her age. The look of rage on her features was intensified by the gun she held at hip level.
"Oh, Raye." The look of anger shifted to shock and then into embarrassment. "Sorry I thought you were someone else." She slipped the gun behind her back and stepped out of the doorway so he could enter.
"I see that," He chuckled. "If you're having problems with the local punks again, my offer to have you moved into one of our offices still stands."
"No, I'm fine here. I won't be as effective in an office. Anyway you wanted to ask me something?" She wandered off into the messy apartment. "Do you want anything?" She called back from wherever she was in the large apartment.
"Water is fine. Have you ever thought of cleaning this mess up?" He asked when he joined her in the small kitchen laboratory. He reluctantly took the beaker full of water from his host. A small sip revealed no crazy taste or any sort of additive from the beaker.
"You always ask that. I keep meaning to do something about it but at this point trying to clean it up would prove pointless." She crossed her arms and leaned against the counter. Dishes filled the sink and cartons of fast food Chinese seemed to dominate the counter top itself. She made an effort to clear the bangs from her vision and somewhat succeeded although most of it just fell back into place.
"So anyway, let's get to business. I don't think Marshall wants to spend the night down there again like last time." A smile crept onto her face. It held the memories of their last meeting. Raye had said he wanted to look for something that he couldn't access otherwise. In the end though, he had gotten access to it by other means. He just needed to use a different method in trying to find it and Sherlock had been more than happy to indulge him in his time of need.
"Yeah. Well he's waiting in the lobby this time so we won't have to worry about him eavesdropping." His grin broadened her smile and the two shared a mutual look. "But anyway, I need information on the I9 Mage Lab."
"The one that blew up a few hours ago?"
"Yeah, that one. I want to know what they were researching that could have caused that." He knew better than to ask how she already knew about it, but that was Sherlock for you. "Think you can help me Sherry?"
"Of course I can help. You know I'm the best in the city." She boasted as she led him into her computer room. The walls were full of posters of anime characters and the bed in the corner was covered in random odds and ends of the anime fandom. She dropped onto the computer chair and gestured Raye to sit in a beanbag chair. Turning on the monitor she pulled up her search engine. "Okay, so we want to know what they were doing in I9." She typed a search term into the computer, hit enter and then she spaced out, her pupils dilated and she stared at the screen without moving or blinking.
Raye sat patiently and waited for Sherlock to return. She was a curious person, most likely a Runner. But where most of the others had abilities that verged on destructive Sherlock's only ability was to actually Surf the Web. Depending on who you were that fact could be more dangerous than a simple elemental Runner, but for his line of work, having her as a resource was a must. The fact that she was cute didn't hurt either. His hand went to his wallet and the picture it contained. Kay Linn again. Her memory still clung to him as though she were a ghost. He sighed and took his hand away. He inspected the elements of the computer room again trying to distinguish what the bizarre figures could possibly be as he waited. Sherry would get done when she got done.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Enigma
Gold
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 6:28 pm

Virgil looked down at the young girl with a sincere tinge of pity in his eyes.

At the sound of the last words she spoke, Virgil smiled.

"There it is. All you had to do was ask. I wouldn't want to save you if you didn't want me to, now. "

Virgil's red eyes began to glow brightly as the world around him began to grow increasingly slower, until finally coming to a complete stop. Even inside the void, being near the experiment girl gave him a decent amount of energy to work
with. The universe didn't seem to like her existence.

He looked down at the pained, frozen face of the girl at his feet and lifted her onto his shoulder. He carefully walked to the best hospital and took her into the ER, preparing her paperwork before ever exiting the void.

As he stepped through the time tear, just outside the doors now, paperwork in hand, he screamed and ranted and pleaded for help
. Mind you, a faux scream, but something that would get rapid "service".

Immediately a stream of nurses rushed Vulture into ER, as she continued to convulse and hallucinate before finally blacking out.

Virgil handed the paperwork and sat in the waiting room, pretending to read some uninteresting magazine, hoping not to draw attention to his eyes and skin.

As the doctor emerged from surgery with a smile, Virgil stood up and approached him.

Virgil nodded at the explanation of the problem, and to the fact that as far as they could tell, she was going to be okay. She just needed rest.

Virgil headed towards her recovery room before stopping to think for a moment.

"Shit.. That violent little girl will never listen to me. How am I going to get her to rest?"

Virgil shrugged as he entered the room and sat down in one of the chairs by the bed.

The continuous beep seemed to count the seconds that he waited.

How odd, he mused. A time traveler.. Waiting.

He didn't want to miss her awakening though.

In truth, Virgil was most definitely a manipulative man. He would use people for his own gain. However, he would not hurt people if there was another option. He truthfully wanted
to help people. That time had come and gone though. All those years at medical school wasted.

Virgil shrugged it off and continued to watch over the young girl, making sure she was safe.

If there was one soft spot for Virgil, it was children, and this child needed protecting more than any he had seen.

If necessary, Virgil would bring the world to its knees to make sure of it.

Last edited by Enigma on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 5:00 am

Roy crossed his arms in thought and muttered softly.
"Eyes full of fear, huh? Maybe. I guess there are still some things even I'm afraid of...not Control, I couldn't care less about them. It's...more complicated than that."
He soon realized that he'd let an important detail slip in front of Lilly.
"Oh, right...I guess I've said too much. Ah well, too late now. I'm a Runner in case you were wondering, Lilly."

This conversation was bring back some...unpleasant memories for Roy. Memories of his childhood. Memories that he wanted to keep buried as deeply as possible. He had just turned 11 years old when he "discovered" his power. He still remembered trying to convince his parents not to take him away. He cried, he begged, he fell on his knees and sobbed until he could hardly breathe. Flashes of that time came back to Roy.
"Please, you gotta believe me! I'm not a monster! I'm just me! You believe me, right? Mom? Dad?"
Their only response was a cold, unforgiving glare.
"I...I don't wanna go away! I wanna stay here with you! Please don't send me away, I'll never do anything bad again, I swear! I swear! I won't do that thing again! I promise!"
A few moments later, a man in a white coat walked into the house. Roy's eyes widened, he knew what that man was here for.
"No! NOOOOOOO!!!"
With tears streaming down his face, Roy unconsciously started to manipulate the air around him into a storm.
"GET AWAY FROM MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"
The storm grew stronger and stronger. The man in the white coat tried to approach him, but the winds had already become as strong as a tropical storm. Windows around them shattered and debris flew around the house. Roy took this opportunity to jump out of a nearby window and into the street. He ran...he had no idea where he was going, he just ran as fast as he could.

Roy gasped as he finally came back to himself. He breathed heavily for a few seconds, but when he remembered where he was and what he was doing, he went back to his usual calm self. He stayed silent, hoping nobody noticed what just happened.

Yeager laughed loudly at River's "performance."
"My my, captain. You always did have a flair for the dramatic, didn't you? Well, I appreciate the explanation, but I would have made you an offer regardless. You see, regardless of what type of weapon they are, bio-weapons are a hot commodity on the market right now. I would've had my people examine it to see what kind of weapon it is and gone from there. As for the safety issue..."
He pushed up his sunglasses with a broad smile on his face.
"Weapons like that are only dangerous in the wrong hands. What you see as a weapon of mass destruction, I see as an opportunity. Both for myself and for you, of course. Now that I know the potential of this weapon, I may try to sell it to the highest bidder...or I may even keep it for myself. Either way, I'll make sure it ends up in a good, responsible home. As for you, I would be willing to negotiate my previous offer so that you can walk out of here with a very generous paycheck for all of your hard work. What would you say to 400,000?"
Back to top Go down
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Diamond
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:09 am

"Yes...I found the bullet." Lilly said to Kay Linn, and dropped the bullet into a stainless steel kidney shaped bowl. As she readied the suture, she looked over at Roy. "I figured that you both were." She said, as she turned back to Kay Linn. "This will probably sting, I don't have any anesthetic for this." Lilly warned her, then began to stitch up the wound. "Don't get me wrong, I know about how people treat runners, and to be honest, I don't think it's fair. In my opinion, it's genocide." She said, as she finished stitching the wound. She looked at Kay Linn, as she rose to her feet. "You can stay here for as long as you want." She said to the both of them, as she turned to Roy. "Pick your rooms out upstairs." She instructed. "There's a change of clothing if you need it, all I ask in return is a little help around the house, and with meals; fair enough?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
pizzanerd1
pizzanerd1
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Vyse grasped his shoulder in pain, and he should go to the hospital. He waited a little bit before taken to the ER to get his arm looked at. When the hospital nurse asked Vyse what happened, he lied and told her that he saw involved in a bicycle accident. He looked across the room to where his female laid laid and thought 'Kinda wish I had gotten her name.'
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Roy took a moment to think about Lilly's offer. He preferred to keep moving around, but he was a little tired of constantly being on the run. Having a place to settle down, even if it was only for a while, sounded really nice to him. With a smile, he replied.
"You know, I think I'll take you up on that. Thanks, Lilly. I owe you one."
He went upstairs as she asked to pick out his room. But right before he left, he turned back to Kay Linn for a moment.
"I'm assuming you're staying too, right? I guess that makes you and me neighbors, then."
He clicked his tongue and started climbing up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:42 am

Letting out a sigh of pain she looked at Roy. "I'll be here for a night, maybe two." Movement was the key to survival in this game, if you stopped moving you died. That was the life of a Runner. You followed the flow, that instinct in your head that let you pick up the energy of the city. It took time but eventually you learned to trust that voiceless instinct in your gut when it told you to pick one alleyway over another or to drop into the sewer and move through the city that way.
"I've grown used to sleeping wherever. I'll probably have a hard time sleeping in an actual bed. Thank you for the offer, Miss Lily. If it doesn't trouble you too much I could use something to eat."

"400 thousand?" River asked. It was hard to keep her voice neutral. "You said yourself that weapons of this type are few and far between. And you have to consider the sheer destructive potential of this biote. This is a potential world changing thing. The smallest release of it could wipe humanity out as we know it. I understand you need profit from whoever you sell this to, but that's too low. We have to at least be talking about Millions of dollars before I'd sell you all of my supply. But maybe there's an alternative option." The smile was on her face again, charming, serene but the insanity in her eyes hadn't vanished.
"Here's my thought. I give you enough of it for 400K that'll let you be able to replicate it. You have manufacturing capabilities that I couldn't ever dream of gaining access to. You can negotiate with your contacts and me and my crew can run delivery for it. I can sell it to my other contacts and we can split profit on it all. The net gain is immense and the possibility for us to both make out well on this is possible. Agree to that and I'll give you the entire crate of it."

Vulture awoke to a slow rhythmic beeping coming from somewhere off to her left. Her body felt both numb and sore at the same time, it was a confusing feeling that was both pleasant and mildly uncomfortable at the same time. Thoughts came slowly and she seemed to struggle to grasp her bearings. She looked around the small room, white walls, a single wooden door with a small window in it and there was the source of the beeping. The monitor was attached to the wall behind her head and displayed various numbers and letters. She couldn't see behind her head but she saw what looked to be a metal band that held various medical items in bins and other fixtures.
Okay... So hospital. Why hospital? She thought sluggishly. She turned her body to try and look more and felt something tug on the inside of her elbow as she did so. She looked down and saw the item. Her mind blanked and cold fear froze her in place for several long moments where she didn't even dare to take a breath. A scream rose up from deep inside of her and she grasped the IV tubing and tore it from her arm. Dark blood slowly began to ooze from the small wound but she paid it no mind. Terror griped her and her mind filled with the painful memories of experimentation, drugs that filled her body with fire, blades that sliced her flesh and tests that burned up her mind. Instinctively she reached for the one part of her that comforted her most. It was locked behind a heavy steel door in her mind and she struggled to force it open. After massive and tiring effort it swung open on rusty hinges and she felt it, the power flowing out and filling her. The hollow joy she took from it now, the joy that kept her from killing herself, yet it was never enough to fully remove the sadness from her mind.
Her body began to levitate slightly, only a few centimeters off of the bed but it was enough for her to feel that beautiful weightlessness that she craved. The comfort in being completely suspended. Slowly she let the power fade and she once again was resting on the warm mattress.
Mouth full of cotton she looked around, trying to find some sort of water somewhere, the thirst temporarily blocking out the fear. But in the back of her mind she new it was over. They had her again and now they'd kill her. Kill her in ways that were too horrible to even think about. The ways they had shown her to break her so that she would do as they said. The images forced themselves into her mind. The mutilated bodies, the pained expressions and the screams that filled her nightmares at night. The ones that she knew would one day come from her as they killed her slowly.
She whimpered and curled up under the blanket, crying from fright.

Sherlock came out of her trance a few hours later.
"So what did you find?" Raye asked her.
The strain of being in the Network for so long showed on her face. She was exhausted and stretched her body before getting up. Wandering out of the computer room he could hear her moving around in the kitchen amidst the clutter of used dishes.
He waited patiently, knowing that she'd answer him at her own pace. It was hard for her to pull herself from the computer system after so long spent inside it. She often spoke of it as this glorious experience that could really only be equated to sex, except it was with information and it filled you at every moment. She joked sometimes that he'd come to see her one day and he'd have to download her from the internet.
She came back with a steaming mug in her hand. She took a sip from it and cringed at the taste but took another sip anyway.
"There wasn't a lot. I'm guessing that they kept most of their data on site. But what I did find was vague as you'd expect but has some pretty deep meanings." A large gulp of the hot liquid and she set the mug down on the desk amid a cluster of concentric stains. "SO they were doing the same thing as all of the other branches, experimenting on Runners trying to figure out the secret to magic and how best to tame them." A shudder at the word tame. "But then there was something called the Runner WMD project. I have no idea what that could be. There's no data on it at all."
"A Runner Weapon of Mass Destruction?" He asked. "So is it something they took from Runners or is it something to kill them?"
"Kill them I'd imagine. It is Control after all. But there did seem to be something about two veins of research. One was talking about some sort of strain that was sent off to one of the labs in Russia for further testing."
"A bioweapon?" He asked incredulously. "These days?"
"I have no idea what else Strain might refer to. So it could be something that has to do with a Runner centered virus."
"And the second experiment?"
"Well..." she squeezed the bridge of her nose in concentration. "All I saw on it was pretty confusing. The usually non-words of technical jargon. Always fancy but in the end tells you jack shit. The message seemed to be saying something about using a Runner as a weapon. Not sure how they planned on doing that."
Raye shrugged. "Thanks Sherry. At least we have something to go on now. Maybe sound the alarm for customs to keep an eye on known smugglers and black marketers for the possible bioweapon." He stood up to leave, Marshall was probably asleep downstairs. "I'll see you again soon. Thanks for the help, a fantastic job as always. And if those punks show up again just give me a call. Marshall and myself can get them to leave you alone."
She nodded. "Look Raye."
He turned and looked back, the open door wanting to close on him as he stood there.
"There was something else I saw in there." She seemed to check that no one was standing in the apartment that she couldn't see. "It was called Evolution Homo Sapien. I don't know but something about it gave me a bad feeling. It seemed to taint the data around it with a dark energy. I don't know what it means, but be careful."
He nodded and said goodbye. The door closed with a solid sound behind him and he heard the lock and chain. Taking a deep breath he set off for the stairwell to go find his partner.
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 6:33 am

Roy picked out a room, more or less at random, and took a look inside. It was somewhat strange, walking into a normal room that he'd be calling "home" for a while.
"In fact, the last time I slept in a room like this was..."
He quickly shook those thoughts out of his mind and sat down on his bed. The mattress was nice and comfortable, Roy soon found himself leaning against a nearby wall with his hands behind his head and his eyes closed.
"Not bad. Not bad at all."
He quickly memorized the room number, stood back up and went back downstairs to tell Lilly about his choice.

Yeager took off his sunglasses and thought to himself for a moment. He stood up in his chair and paced around the room, weighing his options. When he finally spoke again, he had dropped his polite facade and was speaking in a very direct and businesslike manner. This could be the biggest acquisition of his entire life, a fact that he knew all too well.
"You make a very interesting offer, Captain. It's very kind of you to offer a delivery method for these new weapons. However, there are a few...details that I would like to iron out."
He sat back down at his desk with his head resting on his folded hands.
"One: I want total exclusivity as far as distribution goes. If this weapon really is going to revolutionize warfare, I want to make sure that this revolutionary weapon comes from us and only us. To make sure of this, I want you to consult with me personally before making any kind of deal on your own. You will not sell this weapon to anyone who is looking to make their own version of it. When you are delivering weapons on my behalf, you will of course be given a percentage of the total sale as compensation. Two: I want your entire supply of the bio-weapon. Not because I don't trust you...simply because I don't trust anyone. I will, of course, be raising my offer to compensate..."
He took out his checkbook, wrote something down on it and then showed it to River.
"Five million, and you give me every last weapon. Do we have a deal?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Enigma
Gold
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 6:37 am

Virgil watched the whole excited display of Vulture with a concerned look on his face.

"You are not where you think you are."

Virgil sat a glass of water on the table and poured some in a small cup for himself. He took a swig of it to show it was not poisoned, and swallowed with a loud 'Aah!'.

He sat back in his chair, and crossed his right leg over his knee, almost appearing as if he was a concerned parent.

"This is a public hospital. You are safe here."

Virgil stood up and closed the door, before returning to his seat.

"I know what you are, and you need not fear me. I am the same."

Using the energy the girl had been unknowingly creating, Virgil shifted into the void and out again, causing him to disappear to her eyes, and then nearly instantaneously return.

"I am the one who brought you here. I'll make sure you have a safe recovery, but you need to relax."

Something about Virgil's voice was rather soothing, enough to cause your muscles to relax and feel as if you were being enveloped by warmth.

"I know you work for control, but I also know you don't necessarily want to be."

Virgil pulled out a large knife he had hidden and handed it to the girl. He lifted her hand and pressed the knife against his chest.

"You have a choice to make, child."

Virgil pushed his chest farther into the knife, drawing blood.

"Either I can save you from those wicked people, or you can kill me on the spot and go home a victor."

Virgil's calm expression changed to a very serious one, his piercing eyes stared down at the meek frame of the girl.

"Make your decision. Choose your side."
Back to top Go down
Lullabye
Lullabye
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:17 am

River grinned. "I'm glad you agree." She stood up and stretched. "I'll let you know when I've offloaded my legal cargo. Then we can arrange having a crew come to collect everything. Make sure you have proper HAZMAT transportation for our little friends though. We wouldn't want to release it in the city." With that said she turned and walked out of the office.
Wandering down the street she grinned, took a phone from her pocket and updated Thompson about the deal. "Yes, all of it. Look I know you don't trust him, I don't either. But I made a deal. Yes, Tom, give them the whole container okay? Yeah, the container in hold 5, which one did you think I was talking about? Five million plus all of our shipping fees. Not to mention all the cuts due to hooking him up with our own clients on this. Look, just get it done okay? I'll be back soon."
She began to whistle tunelessly as she walked down the street. Her armor and sword awarding her with strange looks from passersby. She ignored them, after all they were just animated sacs of water in her eyes.

"W...Wha...What?" Vulture asked in complete confusion. One moment she had been cowering under the sheets, the next she was kneeling on the bed, this man before her and she was pressing a knife into his chest. Confusion struck her and all she could do was stare at the blood running down his chest. Her body weight dragged her backwards and the knife fell from her grasp and clattered on the floor.
She took a new view of her surroundings, logic and reality imposing itself on her.
"That's right. I was fighting the Spark Plug... and then..."
Her view returned to the man. He was the same one who had been standing over her before she passed out. Her hand went to her side and she felt the bandage under her gown, the stitches were a ridge underneath. It was slightly damp and her fingertips had a slight red color to them. Looking around the room again she saw the glass of water, her mouth was incredibly dry and she took several slow sips, enjoying the cool liquid. Once she finished the glass she looked up at Virgil.
"You brought me here? As a member of Control, you know they'll be looking for me right? Do you think you can protect me from their army? You should have just let me die. Bleeding to death in some back alley is certainly more appealing than an execution."
She made a point of keeping her gaze averted. A look of pained sorrow on her face.
"But, thank you."
Back to top Go down
pizzanerd1
pizzanerd1
Ruby
Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 am

After getting wrapped up and given some medicine, Vyse was shortly discharged. He decided to walk around the hospital, and perhaps snag a bite to eat in the cafeteria vending machines. That was till he heard familiar voice inside one of the rooms. He pressed an ear to the door and heard the voice of his female attacker. He hesitated before knocking on the door before walking in.

"Hey, how you feeling Sparrow." Vyse said as he saw her in bed, with the mysterious man beside her bed. He sat in a chair nearby and said "You know, you shouldn't throw your life away like that. If you wanna go out like that, how about do something useful like save a couple hundred lives or bring down the controller's. That way if you die, your life will have meaning.

Vyse kicked his feet up before saying "Ohh, and my name is Vyse, not Spark Plug. Though you can call me that, or Sparky, Static or anything cool with electricity." as he chuckled a bit
Back to top Go down
Autumn
Autumn
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:24 am

As Clyde and Maple were about five minutes away from the Bed and Breakfast, Clyde had just put the finishing touches on his plans to investigate the building. First, he was going to have to ready the proper equipment and make preparations before they reach the destination. He stopped the car on the side of the road.
Maple, I'm going to have to see my equipment now, could you please make it visible again?
In an instant, Clyde was able to see the weighty combat vest he was wearing again. He took it off, got out of the car, and opened the trunk of the car. Inside the trunk were some standard medical and emergency supplies, Clyde's SIG 556, and a military styled duffel bag, which Clyde had kept in there along with some spare clothes for the two of them, in the incident that one or both of their outfits got dirtied with dirt, sweat, or even blood during a job. Clyde opened the military bag and placed his combat vest underneath all of the other clothes in the bag and slid the rifle into a pocket designed to hold one within it. The only gear Clyde kept on him was his sidearm and an extra magazine, which he hid inside a pocket on the inside of his jacket. Closing the trunk, he then went to the rear driver's side door and opened it for Maple, signaling her to get out. Maple un-buckled her seat belt and got out of the car in her own, appearing slightly confused as she did so.
Where's the bed and breakfast?
We aren't quite there yet, and before we get there, I need to ask a favor of you.
What do you need, Papa?
In order to investigate the bed and breakfast, we are going to need to go undercover. I know you already know how to act when we are undercover, just follow my lead and we'll be fine. However, if we arrive at the bed and breakfast in this car, they will know that we are agents, so, I need you to disguise the car.
Okay, what should I make it look like?
Clyde pondered this for a second before taking out his phone and browsing the internet for an image.  After a minute or two, he was able to find a car on a website selling used cars that had the same general image as the car they were currently driving in. The used car appeared a bit older and didn't have as fine a clean as their car, but that's exactly what he was looking for. The best part was that it came with views from all sides of the car. He showed the images to Maple and after examining, began to work her magic. The fancy black car turned into a decent used red one in an instant, and after Clyde made a quick circle around the car, he was pleased with what he saw.
Great job, Maple! Your work is excellent.
Clyde patted his daughter on the head, and Maple smiled at his gesture of affection.
Are we ready to keep going now?
Yes, we're ready to keep going. Hop back into your seat.
Maple got into the car and Clyde closed her door, then re-entering the driver's seat he proceeded to start the car and resume driving.
-----------------------------------------------
Clyde and Maple finally reached the Bed and Breakfast. Clyde exited the car and got the duffel bag from the trunk while Maple got out on her own.
Papa, this is just someones house.
Bed and breakfasts are a bit different from the hotels that you're use to staying in. The person who runs them usually lives in the house with the guests, and sometimes guests stay longer than they would a hotel.
Why would someone want to share there house with anyone that comes in?
Well, the bed and breakfast could be passed down by the family and the next generation could feel responsible for keeping it open, sometimes they are run by lonely people looking for a more lively life, and sometimes people just need some extra cash and they decide to rent out there own home in a way.
At this, Maple's curiosity was temporarily satisfied. The two of them began to walk up to the entrance of the house.
This is already suspicious.
Clyde was looking at something near the entrance to the Bed and Breakfast on the ground. Maple looked down and saw what Clyde had, there were a few tiny blemishes of blood on the ground. It seemed to have followed a trail, which Clyde figured that if he followed, he would find something interesting. No time for that though, they had begun this mission, and they were going to stick with it. Clyde looked at Maple for a second, who noticed the blood, but looked primarily excited to enter a bed and breakfast for the first time. This was actually Clyde's first time entering one as well, and to be honest, he wasn't sure if you were suppose to just walk in and make a reservation or knock and wait to be greeted. He decided to go with the safe route.
Just follow my lead.
Clyde said in a calm, smooth voice. He then knocked three times on the Bed and Breakfast door.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Enigma
Gold
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:36 am

Virgil looked over to the man who had walked in.

"Close the door behind you."

After he had done so, Virgil continued his talk with Vulture.

"I just realized I do not know your name - however, young miss, does you agency even have a file on me? Do they even know I exist? Normally, one might chalk that up to negligence on their part, or simple luck on mine. However, that is not the case."

Virgil's eyes began to glow a very fiery and vibrant red as the beep of the heart monitor began to slow..and slow.. and slow, until the beeping had stopped completely, and the entire world outside of that room had frozen in place.

"Being in a place like this, with so much suffering, I am exponentially more powerful than I normally am. Even without this extra energy though, I am powerful enough to hide myself and those that surround me, with enough effort."

Virgil opened the door to show the two the frozen world outside. He stepped in front of a nurse and poked her forehead repeatedly, before turning back and re-entering the room.

As the world returned to its normal speed, the nurse outside exclaimed. "Ah! What the hell! Something just hit me in the face!"

Virgil chuckled before retaking his seat.

"That never gets old, you know."

Virgil turned his eyes back up towards Vulture, and to some extent, Vyse, and spoke calmly.

"To answer your question, yes. I can protect you from their armies. I can protect you from the end of existence, if I feel the need. That includes you too, what was it uh.. Vyse?"

Virgil re-opened the door and leaned up against the wall.

"All I ask, is that you ask me. Pick a side."

Virgil shook his head in disbelief.

"I can't believe I forgot to mention. There is a third side. Past the runners and control. There is a side which aligns with me, and my plans. In return for your allegiance, I will make sure no harm comes to you."

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunted   The Hunted - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunted

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TBRP - Text Based Role-Playing :: Other :: Archive-